Author Topic: Loging crashes  (Read 5385 times)

Offline Sata.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Loging crashes
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 04:48:49 pm »
Before installing the new update, did you uninstall the old FH prior? If you didn't use the uninstall.exe to do so, your computer might be confusing older files with the newer ones. I would suggest doing a clean uninstall using the uninstall.exe if you haven't already and then reinstalling.
To install the new update I erased the old folder of the game and then installed the new one with the full version. (not the lightest) and when I tried to install it the first time I didn't erased the old one and installed the new FH on the old FH  folder.

Ah I see. This sometimes might cause duplicate or missing files, so I would still suggest doing a clean uninstall using the uninstall.exe this time. Just deleting the folder does not get rid of FH from your computer.
Even if I unistall the game by using the unins00(that's the name of the unistaller) the folder keeps inside my computer,I think the reason is because I have it in the local disk (C:) I'm going to try to unistall it again,erase the folder and install it again but put the folder somewhere else.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 05:11:51 pm »
Aye, that's what happens when you run the uninstaller. It erases all components of the game and then leaves the empty folders there, which can be deleted manually without any consequence as the game is already off the computer. The folder being in the local disk has nothing to do with it, though you could try installing it in a different place if that would be easier for you.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Sata.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 05:16:23 pm »
Aye, that's what happens when you run the uninstaller. It erases all components of the game and then leaves the empty folders there, which can be deleted manually without any consequence as the game is already off the computer. The folder being in the local disk has nothing to do with it, though you could try installing it in a different place if that would be easier for you.
Already installed it on "My documents" and I tried to enter the game again and it crashed(...) and an archive appeared on my FH folder,it's called "badfile.reminder".(I don't know what it is.)

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »
Already installed it on "My documents" and I tried to enter the game again and it crashed(...) and an archive appeared on my FH folder,it's called "badfile.reminder".(I don't know what it is.)

Hm, that's weird. I just responded to another thread that had the same file come up. It could possibly be a corrupt file that didn't get properly installed when doing the reinstall. Did you use the WebSetup or Torrent to install? Also, you haven't altered/added mods after doing the reinstall, correct?
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Sata.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 05:22:15 pm »

Hm, that's weird. I just responded to another thread that had the same file come up. It could possibly be a corrupt file that didn't get properly installed when doing the reinstall. Did you use the WebSetup or Torrent to install? Also, you haven't altered/added mods after doing the reinstall, correct?
I haven't added any mods and I used uTorrent to download the Setup.
There you have a screenshot:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:27:48 pm by Sata. »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 05:50:04 pm »
Hm, that's odd. Previous to this problem, is there a time when your FH ran well without any crashing? I'm starting to think maybe there is an issue with your computer. If you have any anti virus system on your PC, check to make sure that it is not blocking any components of the game from running. Make sure you also have an updated DirectX, as there may be a lack of a rendering subsystem.

Offline Sata.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 05:52:53 pm »
Hm, that's odd. Previous to this problem, is there a time when your FH ran well without any crashing? I'm starting to think maybe there is an issue with your computer. If you have any anti virus system on your PC, check to make sure that it is not blocking any components of the game from running. Make sure you also have an updated DirectX, as there may be a lack of a rendering subsystem.
The old version of FH ran correctly and perfectly without crashing, I have Avast antivirus and I think it's not blocking the game, because I don't really know where can I see if it's blocking it or not. xD
And Directx is updated because when I installed the new update of FH it said it was updating it before finishing the installing.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 05:56:43 pm »
Ah alright. That means that it's most likely something that was updated in the game that's causing it to crash. Try changing your rendering system and see if that does anything, as there may be some high poly meshes that might be crashing your game.

And also, if you want to check if it's being blocked by your antivirus, normally you can open the anti virus program and locate your firewall through it to find out what's allowed through or not. I'm not too familiar with Avast, but normally most softwares have that option.

Offline Sata.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 06:01:26 pm »
Ah alright. That means that it's most likely something that was updated in the game that's causing it to crash. Try changing your rendering system and see if that does anything, as there may be some high poly meshes that might be crashing your game.

And also, if you want to check if it's being blocked by your antivirus, normally you can open the anti virus program and locate your firewall through it to find out what's allowed through or not. I'm not too familiar with Avast, but normally most softwares have that option.

I changed the rendering system to Direct3D(i think its called like that) and tried to enter the game and it crashed,then tried with OpenGL and crashed,again. And i think the anti virus was blocking it so I'm going to try.

Offline Sata.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 06:06:54 pm »

OMFGOMFGOMFG IT WORKS THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU SAVED ME <3 <3 <3 <3 *le scream while running around my house*