Author Topic: Need urgent help!  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Kidbay

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I love all you Floofs
    • kidbay
    • View Profile
    • Kidbay's Maps
Need urgent help!
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:12:49 pm »
So I was part way through map making, made a really good map and must have been half way through, I decided to export it so I could take some pictures of my character in the map. Once exported I looked for the portal and it wasn't there so I closed the game down to see if I need to fix anything, reloaded the game and now it just keeps crashing. How do I get my map back with all the progress and stop the game from crashing? If someone can help me with this I will be thankful because I was making the map a second time for my map pack and I really don't want to have to start all over again.
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have even tried loading the game up after removing the map folders and the game still won't work and I've tried reinstalling it and it still won't work.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:17:44 pm by kidbay »

~Kidbay
May have to move my account. New name is KidbayOfficial <3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Need urgent help!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:55:05 pm »
Make sure that you look really hard for the map portal! With the new update, the portals are very transparent and can be easy to miss. Your first portal should be to your right when you enter the map peninsula. If you wish to make the portals more visible you can install a mod. Here's a link to Buffy's portal fix incase this is the issue.
Portal Mod ----> http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=58069.0

As far as the crashing, changing your rendering system might resolve this problem. You can do this through the in game settings or you may go into your Feral Heart folder and change it via the settings file. If this doesn't work, look through your folder for duplicate particles or any files ending in _0 or _1 and so on. Delete these files if you come across any. Hope this helps.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Kidbay

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I love all you Floofs
    • kidbay
    • View Profile
    • Kidbay's Maps
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 12:53:06 am »
This helped a lot! Thank you! Turns out some of the Particles had duplicated themselves! Thank you so much!

~Kidbay
May have to move my account. New name is KidbayOfficial <3

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 01:20:04 am »
Locking this up for you since it was fixed. Those particles can be tricky, but glad you caught them!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.