Author Topic: Did you finaly get used to the 'new update'?  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Did you finaly get used to the 'new update'?
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 11:15:29 pm »
Although I do miss the old maps, I have to say I didn't really have to get used to the new update at all. I kinda saw it, downloaded it (very excitedly too) and popped in game and thought it was amazing. I was so happy that our little game took a huge leap forwards. I guess you could say I was okay with it at the moment it came out; I tend to keep a very open mind and try not to make a judgement too quickly.
I feel the same way. Don't put a judgment out there, unless you feel strongly about it and don't judge without reason. The update is a huge success for FeralHeart in my opinion.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 01:39:28 am »
It took me a some time, but not long, to get used to it. It may be easy to think that every staff member's foot is firmly placed in each new change that is brought to the game, although this is not always true. Sometimes, the changes that are brought can indeed take some time for one to get used to, even if it's a small one. Sometimes the change can take quite a bit of adjusting time. As a staff member, it's your job to help carry out and look after those changes that are being made to the game, and sometimes this means putting the interests of the community and progression of the game before your own personal views (though, truthfully, I think we were all into the idea of bringing in this new update). Although the current staff was all aware of the new game and website changes before they were implemented, sometimes it takes a while for us to adjust to them, too. I cannot speak for any of the other staffers, but I know that this change has affected me just as much as any other member. It's a lot to take in, but it has a lot of good.

It didn't take me too long to adjust to the new changes, although it still feels new to me. cx Some of the maps took some time for me to maneuver, and that was even before the patch was released. There are times when I look back on the old maps, but I firmly believe that this update was the best thing we can do for Feral Heart. We needed a change. The idea of bringing in new maps was definitely a surprise when I first found out, but I love these new maps; they're made with love and care and detail in each crevice and corner, and I think they have made a lovely addition to the game.

I really like the chocolate-y color of the new website. It makes me hungry, though. c: The other staffers and I were tossing around ideas for what we wanted the new forum to look like, and I'm very happy that we settled on this one.
I only miss those stats which showed how many peple were in certain maps.
This was a fun option, indeed. I don't know if we will be bringing it back or not, but some of the little stats/add-ons around the forum (such as being able to see who is viewing the same thread as you are) were neat options, and I'd like to think we might be bringing a few of these back at some point.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Felfonz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Well put, outrageous explorer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 02:16:52 am »
I think FeralHeart is in a pretty good place. When I logged in after the update, I wasn't expecting the game to be so... different. New, even. I hadn't played for awhile before that, so I wasn't too shook up, but it was interesting. My only wish for this game would be the creation of some sort of in-game tutorial. You're completely left to figure out how the game works. That can be daunting for some people, seeing as the controls can come off as complex and the world is so big.
�I am going to die kissing Simon Snow. Aleister Crowley, I'm living a charmed life.�
?Rainbow Rowell, Carry On

Offline Pearbear

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • shout-out to all the pears
    • pear-the-bear.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 02:59:10 am »
Honestly, at first, I was super excited about the new update, because I definitely thought it was the change Feral-heart needed! But as time went on, I got to missing the old maps quite a bit. They were definitely not as detailed as our lovely new ones, but all of the old memories do kind of make me sad sometimes. But I still prefer the newer maps, really! They just feel more... 'appropriate', I feel. It makes role-playing feel more realistic & everything.
I haven't even been to all of the maps yet still, I think, haha. But I've gotten pretty used to most of the ones I usually sit around in. I think it's more difficult because there's more objects in the maps now, instead of significant features, like in the old maps, hehe.  :D
Signature by myself. In-game user is Pearbear
http://pear-the-bear.deviantart.com/

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 06:27:39 am »
I'm only "used" to the maps in the sense that I saw them nonstop during their progress however I am not necessarily "used" to the update yet.

I love the update very much but because I'm an old Feral Heart user I grew well established into the community and it's habits and niches from the old maps. The update has refreshed the community but also changed the old dynamic so it's a weird kind of new I'm still trying to get "used" to as I'm sure many others are too. Old users will probably take a while to feel "used" to it.

I'm also not "used" to not having certain map environments that we used to have (although I know those are due to come in potential later updates as the staff finds the time to devote and work on things)

Overall I'm not used to the update yet simply because it's still fairly new and immensely different from what an old FH user like me is familiar with. As the community finally settles into the new environments and sort their niches I'll once again feel more familiar and perhaps "used" to it all ^^
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 06:29:24 am by SoulScarredStray »

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 03:21:01 pm »
I don't like it tbh

Offline Kitsunez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • wow i rly like cats uwu
    • lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »
I was so so so hyped when the update came out tbh. I was excited to explore, excited to see the new things, and overwhelmed by how much there was. I got used to it, and rather in love with it, after a few days. Not to mention I constantly explored each and every map so many times so I would know it just as well as the original maps. Now, yes, I do miss the old maps. In fact, I even redownloaded the old music for the nostalgia. I do miss the old maps, but that doesn't change my love for all of the new things.

Profile picture by kirani100 of FeralHeart
Signature by .Badlands. of FeralHeart

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:03 pm »
I wasn't too excited about the update at first, but once I downloaded it and played it, my opinion changed.
The maps were beautiful and very well made by our wonderful staff. When I first spawned into the Lonely Cave and saw just the massive difference in that, that is when I got a lot more excited. Having new things in this game after playing it for 4 years is crazy. Yes, the old maps will be missed, but overall, I'm happy. Feral Heart needed this massive update, and I'm super glad the change happened.
No, it didn't take very long to get used to. Just within two or three days of the update, I was completely familiar with where the different maps and where everyone sort of gravitated to. Though, some might not like the change, I believe that it's nice and the mods did a very good job. ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:19:44 pm by .Fallen-Kingdom. »

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 09:25:16 pm »
For the most part, I believe I have...
Though I'll forever miss the old maps, I do enjoy the new ones a lot. All of the new maps, especially Chekira Valley and the Grove, are absolutely stunning. There's a lot of spaces to explore and I tend to discover something new that I haven't noticed before every time I enter one of the more detailed maps. On the contrary, it's still a bit... foreign to me. As used to the layout as I am, it still doesn't really feel like Feralheart to me. I admittedly miss the old simpler island structures of Bonfire and Lonely, and though it's not such a popular opinion, I really miss Last Cave and Atlantis. The vastness of Last Cave created such a unique aesthetic that's rarely seen especially in games like Feralheart, and it was a pretty common place to hang out with my dudes.
The new forum is still a bit heteroclit for me though. As much as I love the warm, chocolately feel, the layout doesn't quite feel like the old yellowy "island-like" feel of the old game. Which, is fitting, but it'll take some time for my brain to register it as the same site.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 10:59:03 pm »
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure.
Yet I miss the old maps, I feel like the new ones are more, Comforting?
I think the plains were too big to actually find people.
Apart from that I don't really miss them.
But the new Bonfire Island just doesn't feel, Quite right? I don't think it has much of a island feel to it, But hey, Just my opinion.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png