Author Topic: Did you finaly get used to the 'new update'?  (Read 7575 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Did you finaly get used to the 'new update'?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 01:12:12 am »
I admittedly miss the old simpler island structures of Bonfire and Lonely, and though it's not such a popular opinion, I really miss Last Cave and Atlantis. The vastness of Last Cave created such a unique aesthetic that's rarely seen especially in games like Feralheart, and it was a pretty common place to hang out with my dudes.

I'm also a fan of Last Cave. I liked how desolate it was and there always seemed to be interesting people to roleplay with there, or just to chat with! It was my creepin cave haha
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Rizzla

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 02:30:19 am »
Hm, well... I have and I haven't. I'll admit that I do miss the old maps a bit, especially the constant shenanigans of Bonfire and the roleplays in Fluorite that I used to watch sometimes. Yeah, they were rather plain and simple, but something about them just made me feel so at home. It kind of gave the game more of a chatroom feel to it, which was okay, seeing as how chatting is partially what the game was made for... the lack of detail in the environment may have made roleplaying less exciting, but surely it encouraged plenty of people to use their imagination more and get into mapmaking. Anyways, even if I do go on my nostalgic little rambles quite frequently I am just as grateful for the update, as it is a huge step in the right direction for this game and the staff deserve a lot of love for working so hard on it.

On the other hand I still have mixed feelings about the new forum... I kind of miss the old color scheme for some reason lol. I don't miss all the glitches though.

Offline SkylineThePuma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Icon base by RussianBlues.deviantArt.com
    • SkylineSan
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 10:33:58 pm »
I really love the update, considering all the new and beautiful maps! I think this is a great place for future members to explore! I mean I miss the old maps, but to be honest, they weren't all that good and I'm glad that the staff showed that they can do better (I loved the old maps, but DAMN THE NEW ONES, they are GORGEOS!!!)
I still get lost but that's okay it's part of the fun XD I just miss the boring maps like Atlantis or Lost Cave (was that the name??) or South Pole, just because I loved the atmosphere but.. I mean you can so easily reproduce them AND make them better so I guess it's okay :'D

I've seen so amny hardcore old-school fans who made youtube videos just completely going savage on the game and I don't really that is fair, considering all the effort that has been put in and I think not even giving it a try (or chance), is REALLY ignorant of people!

My ingame Name: SkylineThePuma

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 09:40:49 pm »
Yes. As soon as the new update happened, I fell in love with the new maps. The new maps have a more realistic feel to them as far as landscaping and objects go. There are a few old maps that I do miss since I've made so many memories in them, but now it's time to make new memories in the new maps.
Inactive

Offline Chillaaja

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Rapscallion
    • Skogskisse
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2016, 09:56:40 am »
I have gotten used to it, though I doubt I'll ever learn how to find everything. My sense of direction was never any good, so I often get lost. But I like these maps better than the old ones! They are more detailed and beautiful, not to mention how much bigger they feel. This definitely enhances roleplay because there are so many extra nooks and crannies to find and explore. For example, I found Zama Grotto for the first time today and spend a good while exploring it.

Sometimes I miss the old game (Ascension Island in particular) but I'm happy it is in the past now. It's not a bad thing when games get updated, at least not when the update is this good.
Where did I leave my pencil?