Author Topic: Forum Username Tagging  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Forum Username Tagging
« on: April 07, 2017, 09:36:43 pm »
Just a thought, but how many of you think it would be a good idea if the Forum introduced a name tagging method? (If possible).

Now that the forum no longer has the option of nicknames, you won't expect to tag the wrong person. Instead, hopefully it should be able to pick up usernames only. I think this would be a great and valuable/helpful addition to the forum, being able to tag other users in your posts/threads. It would allow users to view your threads quicker, might even be useful if they were announced in something such as praise, credits or general threads you would like them to see or be a part of. Perhaps it could come of use in future News updates, or if staff wanted a more reliable way in notifying MOTS/Preset Contest winners. Who knows. Every forum user could benefit from it one way or another. It's nothing to special or spectacular, though I think it would be a niftly little addition to the forum.

What are your thoughts on this?

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Username Tagging
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 09:40:48 pm »
I think that would be a fabulous idea, Bawfle!
I've found myself always looking for a way to tag another user but it isn't there, on Proboards it is.

I think it'd be very helpful in getting a hold of people if there art is done, or just simple tagging someone in a post so they see it!<3
Great topic!
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:48:12 pm »
Yes to ALL of this! I've been on a few other forums that use the tagging system and it is so nice. I would love to see this implemented if it's possible. I actually think it would really come in handy sometimes, like if someone has requested art/maps/objects/presets etc, their names can be tagged so they are alerted that someone is interested or that a person is done with their requests. Among other things of course.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:49:07 pm »
This would be an great idea! c:

It'd let others find eachother and notify others in case their stuff has been done, aka art.

I shall..
upvote
this.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

ForestHysteria

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 10:44:28 pm »
That would make things easier to do ^^ Especially on request threads

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 11:39:12 pm »
I will be locking this thread since there is already a thread with the same subject of tagging (you can find it here). Be sure to take a peek through some of the threads in the board to see if a thread with a similar topic has already been created, but feel free to discuss and add onto the thread linked with your own additions and insights!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.