Author Topic: Map maker crash PLEASE READ  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Kaala

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map maker crash PLEASE READ
« on: June 09, 2011, 04:20:20 am »
   Okay, So I know this question has been asked a lot, and I HAVE read the way to fix it, however I'm still having an issue.

I make a terrain for a map,  set it as a png (I also make sure everything is set as it should be) Put it in the map's folder, then start up FH. Everything was fine, loaded up my map, then when It came time to put in the terrain file, the game crashed on me. I've done everything that was told to do, several times, I've made several maps. It still does this to me...

This happened once on a previous map, but after a few tries it finally worked, idk what I did to make it work but it worked none the less.

Also, My main map, the file had layers when I saved it, it worked then, why wont it work now?

If anyone who has had the same problem and has fixed it, or a staff member, could help me out with this I would appreciate it :| Otherwise, I don't know.

,Thanks for your time and hopefully patience

Offline Wildcat26

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
  • "And I'm nothin', nothin' without you..." <3
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Map maker crash PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:25:48 am »
Have you tried opening the terrain in the program you used to make it then copy/paste it to a new canvas, and re-saving it over your old file?

That's the only fix I know of.
Livestream FH mapmaking!
OFFLINE!
MyMaps- http://tinyurl.com/WildsMaps
Wanna know what Happen to me? CLICK! HideNseek Group->http://tinyurl.com/HnSGroup MapMaking Tutorials-http://tinyurl.com/MapTuts

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:38:42 am »
512x512 size
8bit depth
grayscale/greyscale
save as png

Thats pretty much everything i know what is important for the Heightmap.

Offline Kaala

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 05:19:56 am »
@ Moonlight: I've did as you said, it still wont work, but I'll keep trying, thank you for replying c:

@tigg: I have done all of that, except 8bit, I assume you mean as a .bmp? When I used the .bmp file it worked fine, but the map was glitchy and would crash if I changed the height to 3000 or over. Also, the walls of the map shot sky high, and it was all in a box shape, I assume its just because mapmaker isn't meant to run .Bmps'? Either way, I'll keep using the information you've given me and see if it gives in sooner or later like my last map did, thank you for reading.

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 10:35:36 am »
That happened to me, but when I opened WaterMills terrain and covered in grey and did my own terrain and put in mapmaker it worked. Try that :)