Author Topic: Missing Particles?  (Read 803 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Missing Particles?
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:25:09 pm »
Well, I'm sure it's an easy fix, but this is what happened:

The fog/steam is now yellow and black squares. I know this is a missing particle, but not only am I not sure which one, but I can't find any particles in my Recycle Bin. I don't recall deleting any particles.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Particles?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 07:34:22 pm »
There's two options ye' could give a try that I have in mind, Ms.

1. Go here and select the link that says >>Click - Default FeralHeart Media Folder<<. Download the folder that said link will lead ye' to. Once the folder is downloaded, unzip/open the pack and find the Particles folder. Within said folder, see if ye' can locate any fog particles that ye' may be missin' and drag the missin' file(s) to yer own Local Disk (C:) > FeralHeart > Media > Particles folder.

2. If the map is a private or custom made map, merely re-download the map and unzip the pack to view its contents. Inside, ye' may find the file(s) ye're missin'.
gone

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 07:39:18 pm »
Even though it is the particle that is being the issue, I don't think it's actually missing because then nothing would show at all. The Yellow and black striped texture means that it's a missing "texture". I do believe the watersmoke particle is ontop of skys rim, so do as suggested above and look in your particles folder and see if you have a watersmoke.png file. Chances are you're missing it.

Just getting getting a new copy of the particles folder with all the needed material inside would solve it, or just fetching the picture itself from another copy of FH installed on the computer.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:24:37 pm »
Thanks a bunch Ves and Red. I appreciate it! Not sure what happened to the watersmoke.png, but I have it now. I'll be more careful in the future.
Also, sorry for the late reply, I've been a little busy. xD