Author Topic: How Can I Be Able To See Pre-sets, In-game?  (Read 3458 times)

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
How Can I Be Able To See Pre-sets, In-game?
« on: July 28, 2015, 04:27:42 pm »
I got back into the gameplay just recently and remember that for some people I cannot see their skins or customized pelts in any way or form. It's just a bland, white tone that surrounds any customized section, whether it's the head, tail, legs or eyes - I can't see them and would love to know if there's something I need to install OR if I need to install something apart of the game. Like a package that may have corrupted, etc.

I'm new to this pre-set thing and have yet to attempt at creating it but it's so confusing since I'm not an artist or work around that category of interest but I am interested on making my own creations. Just it'll take some time to consume the knowledge!
In-game user-name is SpecialK42293
If you see me running around in the game somewhere, I'm pleased to say hello to anyone! Since I would love to have new, fresh friends to chat with. <3 ^^;

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
Re: How Can I Be Able To See Pre-sets, In-game?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:36:41 pm »
Ah, if you see some white chars running around, it may be because they are using mass markings on their characters ^_^ These aren't presets, they are just additional markings that can be added on to the game to customize your characters. Many, many players have this. Here is a link to download :D http://wolvezie.deviantart.com/art/Feral-Heart-August-22-Mass-Markings-Pack-Download-465281800

So, usually if someone has a preset on, they may look like the default orange cat/wolf. To see their presets, you would have to get them to send you a link to a place where you can download their preset's .fhp file. This might be on deviantart, mediafire, dropbox, etc. There are also many users that have set up the preset sync system ^_^ If you upload your preset here on the FH website, it will be put in the systems for anyone using preset sync to see. To do this, you go into User Panel up in the yellow log in box, sign in again, and then in your user panel, scroll down to where you can upload your preset .fhp file, and upload! Here is a link to the instructions for preset sync. http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=39845.0

Hope this helps! <3
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:39:32 pm by Argwen »

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:44:45 pm »
Oh! So mass markings are the deal for these crazy canines running around and felines. xD Thank you so much for the provided links, it would really help me understand!

When I download the markings pack, will they appear with the rest of the markings that were originally added to the game, or would they be a special package I have to figure out and add to a character? o: Please and thank you for the help in advance! <3
If you see me running around in the game somewhere, I'm pleased to say hello to anyone! Since I would love to have new, fresh friends to chat with. <3 ^^;

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:51:36 pm »
 INSTRUCTIONS: (Side note: You MUST have WinRAR or Zip to download these Markings) Open up the textures folder and right click and drag over all of the markings. Then, click "start" at the bottom left corner of your computer screen. Go to "My Computer" and click "Local Disk (C:)" got to your Feral Heart folder. Click "Media" then "Textures" and drag/paste all of the markings into the folder. Next, go back to the .cgf file and drag it into your MAIN FeralHeart folder. DO NOT copy it into the textures folder, or the media, my_presets ect. Next, open up your Game, and have fun! ^^ - Taken from the DeviantArt page ^_^

As for when you are making your character, after you make sure that you have put everything in the right places, you will see them on the character creation screen just like you see the game's built in markings ^_^ Your list for markings will just be a lot longer. And when you get in the game, you will be able to see everyone's markings.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:53:07 pm by Argwen »

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 04:56:04 pm »
Okay, thank you for the steps! I'm not familiarized with this but by now I it should be able to step me through and do this simply. c: Thanks for your answers and help. o/

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »
You're welcome ^.^ Have fun with mass markings!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 05:05:56 pm »
Just adding on to this. If you download the mass markings correctly, not only will you be able to see other people's furs/pelts, (assuming they're not wearing a preset) but you'll be able to use the MM as well. Argwen mentioned above that you can find your new markings on the character creation screen, where you'd normally go to change your markings, so you're free to use the markings just like everyone else. Good luck, and have fun. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 07:05:16 pm »
I have a question regarding the mass markings file. Since there are marking existing, should I enforce and override what is already there? That's what it asks me when I want to transfer the markings over.

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 07:19:47 pm »
Yes, you need to replace/override any files when doing these kinds of things.

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline NickMeowz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Im a bored Tuna....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:53 pm »
Argwen, in this sentence "Open up the textures folder and right click and drag over all of the markings." what do you mean by "drag over"?
:3 Can I have more friends pweaze?