Author Topic: ENB Series Help  (Read 1899 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

ENB Series Help
« on: August 05, 2015, 06:10:39 pm »
So, I found the ENB series, and thought, well, maybe this will look cool. Following Red's instructions on how to install it n' such, I opened the game and pressed shift + F12. But nothing happened. So I switched to OpenGL, though he said to use Direct3D9. Yet it still doesn't work. I'm not sure how to fix it in any way. Could it be because I use the modified .exe application for the Preset Sync?

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: ENB Series Help
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:03:59 pm »
I have never really used the ENB series, but here are a list of things he has written to sum it up:

1- "You add a .dll file and an ini file into the game directory. The next time you run the game, you're able to press sift + f12 and the mod will switch on/off itself(On as default works aswell). This means you're able to choose when to use it, and when not to. The mod also includes an ini file which you can config yourself after personal taste.

The development of this is actually to an halt right now, and to fully use all of the functions for this mod, the mod itself needs to be modified to work fully with all it's functions. But some functions in it still works for ANY game that use Direct3D rendering."

2- "It's easily installed, just to download the zip I made here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xtsqvg57e8x59a1

Unzip/extract the folder and paste those files into your FeralHeart directory containing the .exe for the game. (On standard this should be C:\FeralHeart).

Run the game, and press shift +  F12. This will switch it on."

3- In your case, you said you used OpenGL, so I think you should of done it by using Direct3D9: "If it doesn't work, it could be because you have the rendering in the game set to OpenGL. In that case, change it to Direct3D9 if it works for you and then try to relaunch the game.

The mod can bring a performance drop to some computers, so if the game gets really slow to play, don't be surprised. Just turn it off in that case.

Note that I myself did not make this mod, I just modified the .ini file so it works with FH."

Hope this information is useful. :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:06:26 pm by Ritatalia »

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:26:21 pm »
I've already read the thread several times. I've done what it says, it just doesn't activate when I press shift + F12.

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »
Whenever I used an ENB mod with the preset sync, it never worked for some bizarre reason. I'd recommend disabling preset sync and see if it works then, if not, I have no idea what the problem is o :
You'll know when it works though because in the loading screen, it'll say some random text (I forget what it says) in red
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:05:33 pm »
I've already read the thread several times. I've done what it says, it just doesn't activate when I press shift + F12.

That's odd, then I guess it is the modified game you've been using. :U Don't use the modified .exe, try the normal one and tell us how it goes. :)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 02:43:55 am »
It was the modified .exe application. I guess I can live without seeing presets. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:43 am »
It was the modified .exe application. I guess I can live without seeing presets. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Great, glad we could help you! :)