Author Topic: What was FeralHeart+?  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Gravitation

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Booper Dooper
    • View Profile
What was FeralHeart+?
« on: March 07, 2016, 12:36:19 am »
First off, I apologize if this topic isn't in the right place; I'm not really sure where it's supposed to go,honestly...

Okay, so anyway, because I'm a curious floof, I was browsing through some of the old FH forum topics, and I stumbled upon one discussing a certain 'FeralHeart+' project. (Here's the link.)

I tried to read as much about it as I could, but I still don't quite understand it.
What I'm mostly confused about, however, is how the creator of FH+ was able to get the source code, because it certainly didn't seem like the project had been started from scratch. ...But perhaps it was; I have no idea.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: What was FeralHeart+?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:48:12 am »
My Opinion Of Course ( Don't Take Anything To Heart Because I Could Be Wrong ).

I believe that this, was like a little spin off from Feral Heart, or better yet, an 'update' if that seems to make more sense. The creator might've done things from scratch with some assistance of course & they might've known KovuLKD . . . . They might've did some elaborations & some discussion and helped the author of that post, Whom I guess was 'Simba' out. It could've been something new for the FH community to try out and experience so that was the start of FH+. I assume that the '+' was like something more, something newer to bring to the table and more things added on to make the experience more enjoyable while sticking to the 'main roots'.

Of course this is just my opinion , But it did seem interesting around the time even though some didn't use it. ~?

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Preach

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:50:34 am »
From what I've read I noticed or saw, that Simba couldn't access his hard drive or his hard drive wasn't working. I'm not sure what's the case but the project has been paused or stopped as for now. There's no recent update of the project but I must say the models do look pretty good. Anywho, I think this was supposed to be new FeralHeart +; the old one was removed from public.

As for the source code, I think simba made his own source code. Don't get confused with KovuLD and simba, because they're two separate people. If you're interested for the original/old FH, I can give you the link.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 01:19:42 am »
Moving this to game help

FH+ was basically a member-made "improvement" for FH, made by Simba. It had detailed and new maps, better textures, better everything. It was up for official download in 2011, however it was a wreck and didn't seem to work. Currently, there is no download for it, and I have no idea of whether Simba was any plans for it
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:27:59 am »
As an add on from what Kiki and Preach said:

There is currently one version of FH+ available for public download, however, I am unsure of whether it works or not. Here is the link: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=49748.0

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Gravitation

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Booper Dooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 02:20:29 am »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:22:03 am by Gravitation »