Author Topic: Cannot Connect  (Read 2275 times)

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
Cannot Connect
« on: November 06, 2019, 12:49:56 am »
Recently I have changed over to mobile data, which is considerably faster than the previous wifi I had. This is a new problem, that I have not witnessed before and cannot seem to find any current fixes to said issue.
I have it on mobile tethering, hooked up to my phone through USB. There is a game - ESO - that works perfectly fine with the tethering option yet FeralHeart - which is much smaller - does not? Sorry for the inconvenience, I was just wondering if anyone could give me an insight as to why this is happening and possibly how to fix it.

Issue
No matter what I do I cannot get into my account, I have not been able to get in even once ever since I have switched over to Mobile Data. If it helps my laptop is an i7, the one I used to play FeralHeart on was an i3.

What I Have Tried
Different browsers
Logging in on my phone through the website
Reinstalling FeralHeart
Changing between OpenGL and DirectX
Using Mobile Hotspot instead of Tethering
0 Viewing Distance, No water reflection
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:42:54 am by cytofin »

SpicyDirt

Re: Cannot Connect
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 01:26:25 am »
This is tricky

If the internet is working with the tether, then Feral Heart should be working with it also. Where does it cut you off?

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 01:45:05 am »
This is tricky

If the internet is working with the tether, then Feral Heart should be working with it also. Where does it cut you off?

Can not seem to get past the login screen, I'll click login and a 'Failed to connect to front server' pop-up will appear. I've tried repeatedly and still can not get in, even once.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 02:15:10 am »
There could be a chance that the water reflection and rendering distance could be effecting the loading. I'd recommend that you lower the distance and turn off reflection and see if that helps.

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 02:49:50 am »
There could be a chance that the water reflection and rendering distance could be effecting the loading. I'd recommend that you lower the distance and turn off reflection and see if that helps.

Didn't realize it but the view distance and reflection was on default. I changed it and still get the same reaction from it.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 02:59:04 am »
Hmm. Maybe check your files? Often in the particle folder, there is a particle with _0 or _1. Do you have any mods added to the game?

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 04:22:15 pm »
Duplicate particles would actually crash the game upon start-up ^^

But from previous users trying to access FH via mobile tethering or mobile hotspot, myself included, it just doesn't work with FH for some reason. I'm not sure if there's an actual fix or ever will be, but it's likely that the connection is coming through mobile that's giving you issues.

You are amazing <3

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 11:50:45 pm »
Duplicate particles would actually crash the game upon start-up ^^

But from previous users trying to access FH via mobile tethering or mobile hotspot, myself included, it just doesn't work with FH for some reason. I'm not sure if there's an actual fix or ever will be, but it's likely that the connection is coming through mobile that's giving you issues.
I've met some people that ran FH off of a hotspot before, at least I believe that was what they were using. From what I know the connection from the Data is good, considering it can run Elder Scrolls Online which is a huge game with thousands of members online every day. That is when it confuses me.

Never apparently it's bad- probably the internet
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 12:29:58 am by cytofin »