Author Topic: How to get started as a beginner? (Preset sync, current version, launching)  (Read 1168 times)

Offline nikooo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Hello all!

To begin, I would like to mention that this is my first post on the FeralHeart forums, ever. I first played FH as a kid back in 2012, and after a long time, I've returned to try the game out again. :) Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong haha

However, I have noticed a lot of changes have been made to the game in the years I've been gone. New game versions, a method of syncing everyone's  presets, a lot of new team members...I wish I didn't have to admit it, but I think I'm lost!

My questions are as follows: for a new (or less-versed) player, how should FeralHeart be set up? Which version should I download if I wanted to play with preset syncing? Do I find a version before 1.17 and play that one, since it is compatible with syncing? And how?

Also, is BitTorrent still needed for preset syncing? Or is the preset sync setup all that is needed?

Apologies in advance if any of the questions I have asked are redundant. For context, I run Win7. Thanks!

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Hey there! So the updated version of the game itself is 1.17, this is the version you should be downloading!

As for preset sync, it no longer works with this version of FH and probably won't ever be made to work. It's a bit unfortunate, but my suggestion to you is to forget it exists haha

You are amazing <3

Offline nikooo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Ahh, that's a bummer! So should presets be sent to friends the traditional way?

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Yep! Currently that's the only way to do it!

You are amazing <3

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Someone told me they use a version with the preset sync to download them.  Then swap them into the current version of the game.
Convenience at the cost of using nearly twice as much game space.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"