Author Topic: Can't connect/Other problems  (Read 1670 times)

Thunderlion123

Can't connect/Other problems
« on: July 19, 2011, 04:18:38 pm »
Alright, I'm having some trouble with FH. I can login, and I can select a character, but every character I try and get onto, FH crashes and says: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working...
It may be because I downloaded Fasterheart twice, which is also causing a minor problem. The minor problem is with the markings. The lower the markings, the blurrier and blockier they are. A third problem is that I can tell FH is running pretty slow because the waterfall in the loading screen of the characters is slow. Now what I find odd is that my father checked, and my new computer runs 2.5% faster than my other computer, which didn't have the waterfall lagging. What would cause FH to be slow --- If I installed Fasterheart twice, Cause the character logging in problem, and the blurry and blocky markings?

If you need screenshots, I'd be glad to provide some.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect/Other problems
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:40:10 pm »
The computer can be slow because of other hardware used for the computer, not as good, or maybe it's just crammed full with things on the hard drive. Since you do tell it looks all blocky, it's most likely the graphic card itself that's old, or just doesn't have the correct drivers for it.

Try changing the rendering submode in the options menu first from OpenGL to Direct3D9 or other way around, some rendering modes work better than others depending on which graphics card.

If no luck, do as you probably already have, uninstall the game COMPLETELY(do it via the control panel), then re install it with NEW installers and not the same ones you used the first time. Then do the change of rendering modes again.

If no change, you should try installing new drivers for your graphics card. It can also help in some cases.

And if that fails, and the game is still slow and blocky, bets are that it's simply too old, or it can't handle the game. Only thing you can do then is pretty much lower the screen resolutions, no AA, no water reflections, low view distance, etc. To make the game as low demanding as possible for the computer and it's hardware.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Thunderlion123

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:39 pm »
Ok, so I tried setting it to OpenGL, but that option is completely gone for some reason. I checked with my dad again, and he said it's the same, if not slightly betetr graphics card as the other. I also switched everything as low as possible. It still doesn't help.

Any reason why the OpenGL wouldn't show?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:53:11 pm »
It's a non supported rendering mode for that card.

Thunderlion123

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:23:29 pm »
Alright I waited a while, and tried again, now it's only on OpenGL. ._.
I have NO idea what's goin' on..

Spy sappin' mah computer system!

EDIT: Opened again, and it switched back. Now I can't even get to the title screen on either one without getting the 'FeralHeart.exe has stopped working' error.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 10:26:18 pm »
If you look in the FeralHeart Directory.

C:\FeralHeart

There's a file called Ogre.cfg

if you open that with wordpad, you can set the rendering mode as you please, just as if you were using the INGAME menu for this.

The top row shows which rendering mode that the game will run with next time you start it up. Just to set this to the one you want, save the txt. And then run the game.

The 2 options you should have
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
(^Usually the best one for most)

Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem

Thunderlion123

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 11:34:36 pm »
Thanks Red. I still don't know what to do about the other probs though.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 11:39:02 pm »
Have you tried installing new drivers for your graphics card as mentioned above?

Thunderlion123

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 01:41:00 am »
I'll have to ask my dad about that. I'm gonna be gone for 3 days tomorrow, so I won't be able to do it. :x