Author Topic: Off the Cliff I leap  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Off the Cliff I leap
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:57:07 pm »
This has been simmering in my brain for far too long.
The amount of reasons making me want to leave are too many to count, so I’ll try and be brief.
 I’ve been here for about, man, three or more years, coming on four when 2017 rolls around.
So I’ve seen a bunch of crap happen here, and I’ve seen a bunch of changes, from General being removed, Staff coming, going, coming back, leaving, etc, the Tumblr FH Blogging discourse, and so on and so forth.
Friends have joined and left, and some have faded from existence entirely.
The reason I’m leaving now is because, well, I’ve lost interest entirely in this game, community, and anything involving Feral Heart.
It’s become something I really cannot enjoy, or really have much appreciation for. It’s turning into an echo-chamber, a hugbox, a self-propelling-cycle-of-‘love and tolerance’, without much genuine meaning behind such actions and words.
Everyone wants to be the ‘nicest’ git around, and well, I haven’t seen much of that actually meaning anything. Everyone throws around lovey-dovey phrases and words like candy, to boost their own reputations, and would rather hear what they want than what they need to hear.
Honesty is a dead policy in the land of ‘you’re great’. Truly, I cannot really get behind this, but then again, perhaps it’s just me being a ‘mean, spiteful, attention seeking’ person.
I’ve not made many friends here, Staff, Member, or otherwise, but those I have made have impacted my life in some good, and some bad ways. All in all, my experience here has been, well, a waste in my opinion.
Even my mother has agreed, Feral Heart has not been good to me. Even when I tried to be helpful, tried to be kind, compassionate, funny, friendly, and considerate, I would somehow fail.
I searched for something that simply wasn’t there, and I now realize this full force.
I cannot be what people want me to be, and when I first realized this, I became bitter, and… Unkind. My reputation as a FH Blogger exists for a reason, and I suppose it’s my own fault that I’m not liked in the community. Then again, I have differing opinions than most, so maybe there’s more to it than just not being the stereotypical friendly furry or whatever you call it.
I guess my leaving is a result of my own, ah, hubris as it were.
My own ‘toxicity’ brought about my demise, but it didn’t take much for that. This community, if I may be blunt, is not the greatest I’ve ever been in. Yes it’s the longest, far as I know, but it was all for naught.
I’ve accomplished nothing of value, and I’ve achieved nothing.
I remember striving to be the best that there ever was here when I first joined, maybe even become a Staff when I was older, or more accepted by the community.
That hope was dashed and beaten nearly, and then finally to death not too long ago.
My fate has been sealed like a vault, and I’m now accepting it.
So, I bid you all adieu, and as a certain Hobbit once said,
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
So, farewell.
I hope, and I wish to never return to this place, unless it changes so drastically that I cannot bear to stay away.

Also, this does mean I’m leaving all of my Groups, including Yugure, Kurudisha, etc. I’ll stay on those forums, perhaps, or the Skype groups, but FeralHeart in general?
Forget it.

did this post actually get deleted or what
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:25:25 pm by WarriorKitten »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Off the Cliff I leap
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 04:49:46 pm »
I am sorry you feel that way and it is completely understandable. Farewell and good luck to you.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 04:53:48 pm »
I feel you, Warkat. I often feel the same way. Everyone kissin' up to everyone without meanin'... it can be hard to know who's real in the community nowadays.
However, this ain't just my butter-up side talkin' when I say you were a wonderful addition to the community all this time. I remember talkin' and laughin' with ye at parties and just hangin' around the game. Always kinda looked up to ye as well.
However, I do very well understand n' relate to yer reasons to leave; though you will still be missed.
Take care o' yerself out there! <3

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 05:16:53 pm »
All very valid and understandable reasons. As much as I dislike seeing people leave, even if I don't know them well or at all, I respect the decision and the reasoning behind it. People come and people go, it's the way it is.
Anyway, goodbye and good luck.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Preach

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 08:36:42 pm »

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 11:10:03 pm »
You seemed like a nice enough person to me. And I'm really sad to see you leave. But things change ya know? I just hope that wherever your travels take you, that you find happiness and stay safe. ^^

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 12:06:45 am »
not going to lie i was expecting a much harsher response to me leaving, but i guess i can accept that you guys don't exaclty despise me for my choice.

i suppose i must thank you for that courtesy, and for the... kind, reactions.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:25:14 pm by WarriorKitten »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 12:10:23 am »
Good luck where ever you go, WarriorKitten.

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 01:46:28 am »
I remember, when I first joined FH, that you were one of the first users I came to recognize on the forums. You may not have been as 'popular' as some other users, not as appreciated, but you were there. Allot. You did allot and deserved allot.
I don't know you half as well as I feel I should. And that feels horrible.
I understand why you are leaving. This is a point that has been going around lately, a very valid point.

I hope that maybe, if the community steps up and recognizes it's flaws and decides to do something to change it, that you may come back one day.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 04:41:40 am »
I understand y'er reasons completely. Sadly, I've seen this happening in this community a lot lately- even in m'self. We've b'come such an ignorant group lately, just throwing flowers in eachother's hair and not really saying how we feel. I'm sorry if I've ever made ye feel like I was being fake, but I honestly can say ye were one of the truly genuine members I've met on the forum. Ye were one of the first, actually, that I met, and I always looked up to ye as a sort of guide to how to behave on the forum.

I do hope ye continue to stay with us on the Yugure forum. We'd all love ye to continue roleplaying with us on the RP board and I'd really appreciate a second chance to make a friendship with ye.

If ye don't, I'd understand completely, and I'll wish ye all the luck in the world. Do take care of y'erself, deary. <3 I'll miss ye greatly in the community.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧