Author Topic: Mirror's Edge  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Mirror's Edge
« on: March 08, 2018, 05:43:46 pm »
Mirror's Edge

Mirror's Edge is set in a quasi-futuristic dystopian society, in which a network of 'runners', including the main character, Faith Connors, act as couriers to transmit messages while evading government surveillance. In the style of a three-dimensional platform game, the player guides Faith over rooftops, across walls, through ventilation shafts, and otherwise within urban environments, negotiating obstacles using movements inspired by parkour. The game has a brightly colored style and differs from most previous first-person perspective video games in allowing for a greater freedom of movement with regard to its 3D environment. This allows for a wider range of actions—such as sliding under barriers, tumbling, wall-running, and shimmying across ledges; in having no heads-up display; and in allowing a range of vision which incorporated the legs, arms, and torso of the character as frequently visible elements on-screen.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a first-person action-adventure game in which the player takes control of Faith Connors as she progresses through a futuristic city named Glass. Similar to the original Mirror's Edge, players traverse the city using aspects of urban exploration and parkour movements to complete missions and evade or fight enemies.Players can also make use of environmental objects such as zip-lines and ledges, and equipment; this includes a MAG (Manifold Attachment Gear) Rope and a Disruptor to travel across buildings, disable certain systems (such as large fans or security cameras) and aid Faith during combat. When players mark an objective on their map, Faith's "runner vision" is activated and some scenery items automatically highlight in red. These act as guides to lead players towards their objective. The use of levels and linear gameplay found in the first Mirror's Edge has been replaced with an open world, free-roaming environment. This gives players more freedom in traversal, allowing for the use of multiple paths to reach one's objective. In addition to the campaign's mission, side activities such as time trials, races and environmental puzzles are featured. Additionally, items called GridLeaks can be found across the world that can be collected by players.

So, Mirror's Edge. One of my all-time favorite games, and honestly, you're doing yourself a diservice if you're into parkour/'platforming'/narrative-ish driven games and haven't yet picked this one up.

It runs decently on any machine(just be sure to turn off the PhysX engine if your computer has nothing NVidia about it, trust me), and looks stunning.
Haven't play Catalyst yet, but as not a fan of the open world as I am, I got hopes for this sucker.

Kinda just wanted to talk about Mirror's Edge, because not only is Mirror's Edge on Steam(Catalyst is stuck on Origin, rip), but the soundtracks are also on Spotify.
So even if the game isn't your thing, trust me, the music is a fantastic mix of synth, orchestra, and all-around funky cyberpunk-y nonsense.

Mirror's Edge Soundtrack

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Soundtrack

It's got good music, an awesome sister dynamic, strangely aesthetic cut-scenes, fun(albeit sometimes frustrating) gameplay, and is honestly just an all-around fun time.

Also, awesome end credits song is bloody quality.

And I haven't even gotten to the amazing artwork and concept work that went into this game!
Or the comic books!
Or the... Jacket?

Really, if you liked Ascension Island(to put it into FH terms) or any parkour map on a Garry's Mod... Mod, or any FH parkour map, this game is up your alley.

Did I mention the protagonist is cool yet?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972