Author Topic: Issues with my Height Terrain map, causes game to crash :/  (Read 1439 times)

Offline WolfgangtheHusky

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Issues with my Height Terrain map, causes game to crash :/
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:34:05 pm »
So yes, I have recently been having some problems reguarding my height map in the Map Maker...

I am rather displeased as this map was going to be a suprise too :/

So. I have recently created my height for my Arena map, the Alpha works absolutely fine and always "behaves" itself with me XD, but for some reason I can't get the Height map to work.

When I first loaded it it decided to create a HUGE wall along one side of my map (I thought this was due to me not blurring it, so I went round the edges and made sure that puppy was nice and smooth) ...

I have made sure that the Height map is created in gimp in greyscale with measurements of 512x512, have made sure that the name doesn't have spaces and I have also copied and pasted it onto a couple of blank pages and overwrote the file in order to make sure that there weren't any layers...
Now it just chrashes my game... I am not sure what to do, could anyone help me with this please? :/

I only come to the help forums when in desperate need you see, as I do like to try and figure bits out myself XD

EDIT: I have resized it to 513x513
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:28:30 pm by Wolfgangthehusky »
If you wish to contact me please seek my Deviant Art account~ WolfgangtheHusky.

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
Re: Issues with my Height Terrain map, causes game to crash :/
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:18:54 pm »
I have had this problem before.

What I did to fix it, is that I opened an already made FH height map (that I knew did not make the game crash, for exampe the Watermill heightmap) into a picture editing program, even paint works.

In Gimp on the heightmap you have been working on, select everything, and then copy it.

Go back to the Watermill (or equivalent map opened in Paint) map, and paste your map right on top of it. So now you just have to save it, just be careful not to overwrite the heightmap that you pasted it onto, be careful to rename it as something else.

Now, when you open it in-game, it should work. :)

Good luck, and post here how it goes!
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

sexywolf101

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:21:06 pm »
Hello if ur a making a map here a video Feral Heart Map-making Tutorials~Getting Heightmap In-game-Crashes
I hope it helps u

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:41 am »
Heightmaps must be

513x513
png image
grayscale
WHEN USING GIMP!!! - Remove Alpha channel from the image layer

Offline WolfgangtheHusky

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 06:31:28 pm »
If you wish to contact me please seek my Deviant Art account~ WolfgangtheHusky.

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 09:12:54 pm »
No problem, glad I helped. Have fun making maps! ^^
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!