Author Topic: {Young Guns: Wild West RP} -Remade and Renovated- {OPEN}  (Read 18739 times)

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
{Young Guns: Wild West RP} -Remade and Renovated- {OPEN}
« on: June 07, 2014, 02:35:42 am »
Due to popular demand, I've chosen to resurrect this fossil of a roleplay. C;

Y O U N G   G U N S

In the late 1800's, the untamed wilds of the Western United States have long called to Eastern settlers seeking adventure, danger, and riches beyond imagination. The Western world is a strange one, and nothing for the faint of heart. Its searing desert heat and dryness alone make ranching no easy task- but out here, the weather is the least of your worries. Though there is law, the west is nearly a lawless place. Bandits, gangs, and murderers make life difficult for the locals, but the law has not failed yet, and the two forces are seemingly locked in a never ending game of cat and mouse.

L O C A T I O N
In the south-west sits a small town by the name of Ridgewood. For its size, it provides a decent living for all kinds of folks. It includes a saloon, general store, gunsmith, blacksmith, sheriff's office, jail, stable, doctor, and even a train station. The near land outside the town, being a long, flat scrub-like plain, connect to rolling hills and mountains. The plains are home to a couple cattle ranches that are within convenient distance from the town, while still allowing acres and acres of land for their herds. Also inhabiting the plains are numerous harems of wild horses, which provide more ways to earn a living for a rancher by catching, taming, and selling them. Far past the plains, and up on the mountain plateau lies an old abandoned, run-down town. This usually homes a couple ruthless gangs of outlaws. In the lands just past the plateau lives a large tribe of Native Americans, who are not too happy about the encroaching European-blooded men slowly taking over the land. Fights between the locals and the Native Americans are eminent.

P L O T
A perk of the Old West is, man is free to be whomever he wishes to be. There are numerous options to chose from, all of which revolving around the town of Ridgewood. Such options include: Bandit, gang member(outlaw), Sheriff (only one person), deputy, bounty hunter, rancher, cowboy, bronco buster(basically a rancher who makes a living off of the wild horses), one can even chose to be a simple doctor, a lone drifter, part of the Native American tribe, or even a participant in Buffalo Bill's famous Wild West shows! Whatever you chose, it helps to know how to handle a gun, male or female, out here.

R U L E S
1. Be realistic- do your research if you need it.
2. Try to keep occupation numbers balanced- we don't need an overwhelming amount of outlaws and bandits
3. Know your physical limits when it comes to injuries, abilities, etc.
4. I encourage you to be descriptive in your posts

A P P L I C A T I O N
-Image- (it's okay if you can't find one, I know they're hard to come by)
Quote:
Name:
Family:
Accompanied By: (horse, pet, person, etc.)
Equipment:
Skills:
Personality:
Backstory (optional):
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
Re: {Young Guns: Wild West RP} -Remade and Renovated- {OPEN}
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 02:36:38 am »
[[Couldn't find a suitable photo for mine, so we gon' have to deal with this one:
Oops. I mean- this one:
"If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down in a blaze of glory."

Name:
Full name is James Ellis Canton- but he prefers to go by Jim Canton.

Bounty Hunter - Vigilante

Family:
None remaining

Accompanied By: (horse, pet, person, etc.)

Seir (Sare), a 4 year old mustang/quarter horse stallion

Equipment:
Two pistols- one holstered on both hips, a shotgun usually slung around his back, a Stetson hat, typical trench coat type of deal, a string of ammunition strapped across his chest, lasso, hunting knife, basic camp necessities.

Skills:
 Highly skilled in sharpshooting and horsemanship.

Personality:
Jim tends to be a bit sadistic in his work, and hates playing by the rules. He takes the law into his own hands often, though he does work with the local Sheriff. He does things his way, or no way at all. With a one-track-mind when it comes to outlaws, he's very ambitious and won't let anything stand in the way of him getting his prize. He's a little rough around the edges, and tends to be very short-tempered. When it comes to others, he is quite friendly depending on if he's on a contract or not. He'd give life and limb to protect innocent people and those few that are close to him, even though he prefers to be alone. He's very good at what he does, and would do anything to catch the bad guy in the end.

Backstory (optional):
Find out in RP.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:26:41 pm by JimMoriarty »
sig by me

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 05:32:05 am »

"What can I fix for you today?"

Name: Nathan Stonebrooke
Occupation: Ridgewood Gears Master [also known as an 'Old West Steampunk'- fixes anything that has gears- which is pretty much anything in the old west.]
Family: Dead

Accompanied By:

Bennett (pet weasel)

Equipment: Often has an assortment of tools, guns, and knives on his person even if you cannot see them. His two main weapons are a small shiny silver pistol and a small dagger that he is surprisingly skilled with. Currently has 2 dollars on him.

Skills: EXTREMELY skilled at any 'mechanical' equipment (Pretty much anything with gears)

Personality: Nathan is an incredibly kind and hardworking person. He often is optimistic and tries to see the best on all people. Nathan is extremely reserved and quiet. He rarely talks and often buries himself in his work. Due to his occupation, he helps people a lot with whatever needs fixing. Be it clocks, guns, etc. Nathan is very helpful. Deep down he is very brave and has much courage but never let's it show. Very rarely does Nathan fear anything. He is very caring and honest, but can lie if he really needs to. Also finds himself to naturally curious and very intelligent, however Nathan has a very low self esteem. Although reserved and almost silent, he can be very sarcastic at times, and often WANTS to stand up for what he believes in. Nathan finds much pleasure in the company of Bennett.

Backstory: Find Out
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:47:40 pm by Vask »

Offline AbbyJoyce

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • This is my kingdom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 10:44:28 am »
(Gonna add an app tomorrow looks great.c: )
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Offline Jane-Doe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 02:56:37 pm »
*Going to apply tomorrow, aswell.~*
"The mouth speaks what the heart is full of."

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 03:43:32 pm »

"I live my own life. But what do you live for?"

Name: Ashley Storm West
Family: Lucy Storm West (Sister, Dead) George Storm West (Brother, Lost) Anna Storm West (Mother, Dead) Adam Storm West (Father, Dead).
Accompanied By: Could I have two?
Equipment: 2 Shotdoc's, 1 Riffle, Shootgun and a Lass To Catch Horses or Thieves.
Skills: Might be a very young female, but she is the best bounty hunter around.
She is very skilled at shooting running and standing still targets very well.
Very rare someone get out of her sight.
Personality: A very out going female, that can't be sold so easalie.
Despite her fact in animal liking animals, she will save any injured or help needed animal.
When to intruders or strange people, she will be harsh and cold towards them, but when you get to know her, she is a very nice and warm person to talk to.
Backstory: Ashley. Maybe a very boy like name, at first, it would seem like she is just a simple woman, but don't underestamate her, or you will regret it.
She seeks to find her lost brother, George, somewhere lost in the Western lands.
Just before, George dissapiered, her parents had mysteriousely died in a fire accedent.
Her sister was shot by an outcast gang member.
From then, she hated the outcast and searched for the outcast to take her revenge on him.
After 3 years passed after getting a puppy, she tamed him into being her companion, his name is Charm.
Her horse Arabian white stallion is a very studborn stallion that only stands by her side, and only her side only. His name is Zever.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:18:45 pm by TinyTail »

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »

"Nuthin' is more dangerous than a cornered rat."

Name: Mary Ellen
Family: Most of her family lives in Boston. She is th only one living in the Wild West.
Accompanied By: Her black horse, Illusion, and her border collie Spirit.
Equipment: A satchel carrying: 5 throwing knives, 3 dollars and some food.
Skills: A professional horse back rider, a skilled knife thrower, and runner
Personality: Mary Ellen at first is a tomboy, but once you get to know her she is loyal and kind. She usually treats most people kindly, but she has been known to snap.
Backstory (optional): Mary Ellen was born in Boston. When she was 15 she took a wagon, her border collie, and her horse, Illusion to the Wild West. She moved into a small cottage in Ridgewood. There, in Ridgewood, she took a part time job at a Saloon.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 04:36:05 pm »
Lovely aps, guys. Accepted! I'll post my own soon. Once the others have posted their aps we can begin. <3
sig by me

Offline Stuck in Limbo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Paradise Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 05:43:17 pm »

Quote:
 "Think your lucky? Well you have to be to get this far."

Name:
Bonnie Burrows (Also known as 'The Drifter')

Outlaw, A formar-gang member

Family:
 Drew "Pa" Burrows (Grandfather) Bonnie doesn't know anything about the others in her family.

Accompanied By:

Bramble - 4 YO quarter horse mare

Equipment:
Rifle

Skills:
Horse taming, Bonnie is a bit of an escape artist and tends to evade capture from bounty hunters quite well.

Personality:
Bonnie is typically sarcastic and a fairly calm induvidual but she can be a little hot tempered around certain people. She is a little skeptical around men as they could easily be a bounty hunter after her. She tends to drink quite a lot and is drunk pretty often but she does have sense about it. Despite her worries about being caught by bounty hunters, she tends to flirt with men and... tends to have flings with them. She isn't interested in having a husband or anything like that. She doesn't want to drag others into her lifestyle.

Backstory (optional):
Bonnie grew up with her grandfather who was also an outlaw and he often took her along on his robberies, not the best upbringing but he did provide well for the girl and when he died when she was 16, Bonnie went off on her own.
Bonnie roams through the west, stopping occasionaly to rob certain places. She doesn't stick around long, too many bounty hunters. She used to run around with a gang but she was kicked out after a drunken brawl with the gang leader.
She plans to make her way to Ridgewood, hoping to get a break from bounty hunters stalking  her.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:12:15 pm by Rumble_Fish »

Tomoko ?

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 06:02:59 pm »
Beautiful application! Accepted