Author Topic: Pharaoh's Fury (Open/Accepting/Semi-Literate)  (Read 4309 times)

Offline PennsylvaniaRedneck

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Message me roleplay links, I'd love to join.
    • View Profile
Pharaoh's Fury (Open/Accepting/Semi-Literate)
« on: November 02, 2014, 08:56:03 pm »
An old Egyptian tomb was found in the middle of the desert. Nobody seems to know who it belonged to, or which nation has claim to it. So an international team was assembled, representing many different countries, religions, and racial backgrounds. This team will be meeting at a small-scale Egyptian airport, and rom there will take a privately chartered plane to the undisclosed location that holds the tomb. Most of the locals have rumors about this tomb, rumors that the team have been told are false. But are they?

There will be a few people as security, the team's financier, a few locals, some scientists, and their helpers. You may play up to two people. Please don't use big images.

Name:
Position & Nationality:
Personality:
Background:
RP Sample:
Image:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:14:54 am by TheCockatiel »
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams

My interests include art, reading, roleplaying, writing, Asssassin's Creed, Doctor Who, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Marvel comics and movies, Merlin BBC, Once Upon A Time, Percy Jackson, Sherlock BBC, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, and Wolf's Rain.

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Pharaoh's Fury (Open/Accepting/Semi-Literate)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 02:13:17 am »
Name: Rhydian Bennett

Position & Nationality: Security Team, British

Personality: Rhydian tends to be no-nonsense and down to earth when he's on duty. But when he has time to himself to relax, he's one of the best guys to be around. He knows a little bit about almost everything and has a definite inclination toward debate on just about any topic.

Background: Rhydian was born in the heart of London. He joined the British military force at age twenty and has been in it ever since. Most of the time he rarely speaks about where he came from, but every once in a while he'll drop a random fact about his past in a conversation.

RP Sample: Rhydian propped first one boot, then the other, on the chair across from him. The desert winds pushed the sand against the windows, blurring out the tarmac and scrub trees outside. Not much made it inside the airport, or what passed for an airport, but in the outside world it seemed to get into everything. Rhydian knew that from firsthand experience, but he'd take the desert with all its sand and scorpions. It seemed as if the weather was making the rest of the team late. Or, with all the time zones he'd crossed, Rhydian had arrived early. "Bloody hell," he grumbled to himself, slamming both boots back to the floor. "Don't tell me I'm a day early." Shouldering his pack, he went in search of an English speaker to translate for him so he could find out what the date was.

Image:
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams

My interests include art, reading, roleplaying, writing, Asssassin's Creed, Doctor Who, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Marvel comics and movies, Merlin BBC, Once Upon A Time, Percy Jackson, Sherlock BBC, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, and Wolf's Rain.

DreamerDay

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »
Would it be possible if my character can be queen?)

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 08:14:54 pm »
Dreamer - Sure. Feel free to sign up whomever you'd like.

DreamerDay

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:01:05 pm »
(Why, thank you]

Name: Queen Nefertari

Position & Nationality: Queen, American

Personality: Nefertari would have to be someone who would rather step away from the danger side. She likes no violence or anything that deals with a sword. The best way to describe  her, is someone who is quiet and very gentle. Nefertari is not known for strictness or punishment, or anywhere near her husband's taste. (More in rp)

Background: Before the queen had met her King, she lived under her brother's rule who cared nothing but himself. She was abused under his power and wasn't allowed to do anything but stay home. Due to her parents were dead Nefertari had no freedom, and wasn't able to do anything about it. Her brother found it funny, especially when he abused her and used such words that were hurtful. But until one day, her brother agreed Nefertari could finally take part of marriage and have a kingdom of her own.

During this process, it wasn't easy. Nefertari was shy around the new King and mostly didn't say anything during the entire day. Her brother had planned her to marry him instead, for her picking her own. Though it may seem unfair, there wasn't much she could do anyway. On their wedding night, Nefertari didn't do much but appreciate what was held for her. Her brother however eye her the entire time. For days he kept his jealousy for his sister until one day he was justified.

Years passed, and during those months she gave birth to 2 children. Healthy too. Her brother however was the same and had never changed once. When it came between her King and brother,  Nefertari watched as her beloved sliced the head of relative and ended it without another word. Though, instead upset and angry, Nefertari was surprisingly happy and glad he was dead. He was not worthy of any king. Just someone who cared about women and gold.

RP Sample: Humidity was one of things that could begin Nefertari's day with a tantrum. Outside the palace and Inside the gardens, with her children and husband, she sat down on a small chair that was only to provide for her; although the chair it have been replaced to throne, Nefertari decided to take a moment and away from the glory. As you can see Nefertari was a gentle Queen, with a heart soft as feather. Descision could have been easily made but she highly suggested a chair for now, because of her back problems lately, and just because she wanted to. No debate was added but instead, a simple nod was made and favored for the queen. In the meantime, as it was most likely known to be hot, it didn't stop her children from playing and enjoying the freedom lives they can. Her daughter, Felena, was sitting on her lap just after the short departure from her husband.

All morning she and her brother was chasing around with each other, playing either tag or hide and go seek. Although Nefertari may admit the game might be fun to play, the fact her daughter was soaked from her sweat and breathing heavily bothered her. But for her son, it looked he could continue for hours without dying out from his own energy. Sighing she wrapped her hands around daughters waist and watched in the meantime, as her son played.

"Look, mommy, a butterfly" She said in her cheerful voice, her dark eyes averting on Mother nature; the butterfly across from them just sat on the flower.

Though she could have pay attention to what Felena was referring too, Nefertari had also remembered she needed to watch him before he could ever wander off and be expected to met a worry father. Sitting there, allowing the shades, from the pine trees, keeping her from exposed from the sun, she watched as her son ran around, laughing. Until suddenly a faint thud was heard but no series of cries. Quickly Nefertari looked up and realized he was now standing on all four. She gasped, saying then, "Uh-oh" And he repeated it then saying "uh-oh" as well. He soon resumed himself onto his two feet and ran even further, to where the entrance of the palace start
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:03:55 pm by Dreamer »

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:28:15 pm »
Dreamer - Accepted! Hopefully we'll get a few more people interested and we can start.

DreamerDay

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 09:35:54 pm »
Thank you for accepting. I can't wait to start^^)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 09:43:33 pm »
I'm interested, but first, I have a (dumb ;w;') question: Does everyone in the rp, such as security and scientists, go explore in the tomb or...?)

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 04:53:19 am »
Hugrf - That's not a dumb question at all! All the personnel will most likely be going into the tomb for some reason, although a few may choose to stay outside.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 07:19:00 pm »
Okay, here I go. ;w;')

Name: Jean Augustin

Position & Nationality: Scientist, perhaps? Maybe even a helper of some sort for that...? And France.

Personality: Jean can be rather crazy and maybe even immature with some topics, but usually forms an opinion on anything he could think about. He could be rather harsh in scolding as well, but that doesn't mean he has no guilt. However, he avoids apologizing when possible. He's also rather nervous around people he doesn't know, yet he can still act or think rather childish whenever. Probably more in roleplay since I'll have to develop him.

Background: He was bullied in school, with a caring mother, and a playful but... Slightly creepy father, whom had died when Jean was six. Jean later on had gained interests in supernatural stuff, studies of insanity, stuff like that. He never really took much mind to being bullied unless it was that stuff he was made fun of for. Although, he grew up as more of a loner, trying to be strong.

Despite this, to anyone he loves as a friend or any of that sort, he's always wanted to make others laugh. He figured by seeming a little crazy himself, he could do this. Soon enough he started to travel and eventually learned English. Even if he likes to be alone sometimes nowadays... He'll still be willing to ramble your ears off today, maybe in both languages. (Backstory I made up in a few minutes, might change later. o-o)

RP Sample:

"Est vous, just become I'm from France doesn't mean I'm going to be fancy!" Jean rambled to himself as he walked along the airport, pulling his luggage behind him. "No no, I'm not an actor... EST VOUS! JUST BECAUSE -" He slapped himself suddenly while halfheartedly continuing to talk to himself. "Non, non, be calm, Jean." He was nervous about something, and that something was just getting on a plane.

No, it wasn't crashing. It was just the thought of being uncomfortable in one of those... Things... For hours. And then we get the aftermath; jet-leg. So he wasn't nervous, just feeling extremely anxious. Sure, he had been on one of these planes before... Although he would never get used to the discomfort he usually got. At least turbulence was cool.

He probably got a few stares after suddenly screaming and then slapping himself, too, but it wasn't like he cared. He wouldn't be paid attention to for long when he handed the lady his ticket, and soon proceeded to slow down a small aisle in the plane. He stuffed his luggage in the little openings above his seat before crawling in toward the one by the window. This was going to be a long trip.

Black hair, a bit of a beard, light green eyes, etc.

So yeee. //coughofawkwardness,nervousness,andbrainlessness// Sorry if the image's kinda big 'n stoof or something.