Author Topic: Feral-con?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Feral-con?
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:49:22 am »
Alright, so this idea randomly came to my head a while ago XD. I wonder what would happen if there was some kind of Feralheart convention? You know how there is like, Comic-Con and Anthrocon and such, but how about if there was a convention of our own? It would just be pretty cool to meet other role players for once; just a nice time to share stories and meet up with friends. I don't know; am I the only one who's thought of this before XD? It might be a recurring idea, but I can never be too sure :) LOL.

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: Feral-con?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:34:41 am »
Yar I do like this idea, though the only problems are the many dangers, and there is a huge community of feralheart people, from various places around the world. I don't know that this idea could ever pull through, though i like it ^^ thanks for the suggestion hun.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:26:46 am »
I'm quite sure that this has been discussed in smaller, private chats. (I have been in one myself.)
I do like the idea, but as Raw mentioned, people are from different states and even from different parts of the world.
It'd be quite difficult to bring such a community together. It'd be a lot of people missing out on it.
I, myself, live in Europe - Sweden - and I believe it'd be nearly impossible for me to get to America for such a thing.
(I'd guess it'd be held in America as most members are from there, or close by.)
If such thing was to happen, I'm guessing there'd be one held in the U.S and one in the EU,
a shame in my opinion as some people have their 'best friends' and such in a different part of the world.
RETIRED.

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52:54 pm »
Somethin' similar was discussed here though slightly not as in depth.

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:37:36 pm »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:49:25 pm by Lugai »

Offline aviannerd

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 08:57:56 pm »
A Feral-con in a different place every year, it'd be simple to rent a place and post this years area on the forums.

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:01:53 pm »
A Feral-con in a different place every year, it'd be simple to rent a place and post this years area on the forums.

simple?

event planning is anything but simple. money, reservation of space, food, entertainment, and a purpose are things that would have to be sorted and even with that, it's not anything anyone in this community would be willing to put forth. its a nice idea, but thats really all it can be

Offline aviannerd

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »
Sorry

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 05:25:34 am »
Ah yes indeed. I know it certainly wouldn't be a certain process, but like Lugai, I have met some great friends on here who I know I would love to meet. Of course, I'm not sure if this would be possible considering where we all live, so that's why the feralheart convention kind of came into my head XD. It would just be fun to meet people with the same interest of animals and role playing, but alas, it's rather difficult X3

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 05:46:36 am »
That.... would be a floofy mess. XD