Author Topic: WIP Labyrinth Map (Looking for testers)  (Read 5658 times)

Offline Koylan

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • (4(\) � |2?4|) |_??7? Well? Can you?
    • View Profile
WIP Labyrinth Map (Looking for testers)
« on: August 28, 2011, 03:24:17 am »
Why Hello!

Seeing that you've clicked on my topic, I hope you stick around for the final product! :D I'm going to need testers.

Update 9/1/11: I have all the major trees placed. Bushes, flowers, mushrooms, and dens, and wildlife (in that order) are being placed as of now. My current problem is it's a little laggy for me at least, not sure how that's going to push over on someone elses computer as of right now. If it gets worse as I add more things because of the size of the map, I will start taking things out for best amount of play. My second minor problem is that I feel like I could place the plants a lot better, everything is kinda scattered to put out layers but not a cluster of trees or anything. I'm too afraid that'll end up being too laggy as well. I'm hoping to push this into tomorrow and just get it finished lol. Seeing as it is my first map I don't expect it to be crazy awesome and ideal, but rather functional, appealing, and populated. If it goes well tomorrow I'll have it up for a little bit of testing.

Interested In Testing?
Send me a private message. I'm only looking for maybe a couple people 10 at most. When it's ready I'll send you a message with the link to download the map. If I end up having enough people (hoping at least ONE person will help me out here) limit 10 as I said, I will either pm you telling you that it's filled, or if I forget to reply within a day or so it probably means that it's full.

Note. Download for testing is NOT ready yet.

So to recap if you want to test it out just me a pm saying "Hi, my name is so and so, and I'd like to test your map" I expect to get feedback from you if you do test it. If it's laggy, if items are weird, if there are problem areas, and if so where.

^ Lol. I read this back to myself and laugh. I sound like a jerk :) but I love you all reguardless.

--------------------------------
Check second post for pictures :)
--------------------------------
First things first, I've just joined a couple days ago, and I was totally enthralled in the map-making part of this game. I found that the default maps were a little bleak from what I'm used to... (I play A LOT of console games, rpgs, and alot alot alot of wow. Or I used to :P) But I'm actually pretty interested in game design and this is a nice little blank canvas to experiment with.

I pondered for a long while on what I should really create after watching a bunch of mask and terrain tutorial videos. I came to the ultimate question.

Who and what do I love more than anything?

David Bowie + Labyrinth

And it struck me. I've been grazing the map forums for at least a day and never came across a labyrinth map! I wanted a little more game and a little less well /blah/ to the game. (This isn't to say I'm doing one with the bricks etc like the movie :) but more of my own little creation)

Below is the layout I'm using:

Yes I've taken from somewhere else so credit goes to that place etc. It was a pain in the butt to find one I actually liked but this one opens up in such a way I think if I made it big enough it could be used for roleplay territory purposes. Dens being at the biggest parts etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
STILL LOOKING FOR TOPIARIES.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:44:16 am by Classique »
Sanctum, we want you!

Click to Join!

Offline Koylan

• View Profile
Re: I want you and your ideas! WIP Labyrinth Map
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:20:41 am »
EDIT:

UPDATE!

So I've got pictures and I know xD A lot more to do! Lots of plants and animal life to put in still before I get the mask started :) But here's the pictures!

x.x I'm currently trying to make a list for all the people I have to credit with the items!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:44:00 pm by Classique »
Sanctum, we want you!

Click to Join!

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:27:27 am »
Well, you could maybe add a little haunting music to it and and like, bad weather to it to make it creepy :D i love those types of maps
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Koylan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 04:38:16 am »
That's a good idea. I actually have a problem though xD I'm using the mac version so I can't even HEAR the music from the regular maps.

-sobs-

But that aside, I'm wondering is a map singled out to only one song track per? I could come up with a good soundtrack :)
I'm looking for some props though to add some character, but like I said still working on that xD
Sanctum, we want you!

Click to Join!

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 04:46:02 am »
XD i never got used to putting music in maps anyways. *cough* i fail at FH maps and music *cough* XD but i would download this after it was done
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Koylan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 05:13:07 am »
:D yay. Hopefully if I get all my classes done and we don't get alot of crap from our instructors I'll try to finish it up this week :)
Sanctum, we want you!

Click to Join!

Offline Koylan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 12:37:39 pm »
Moving to the Mesh thread until further notice :)
Sanctum, we want you!

Click to Join!

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »
O.O I love you. And David Bowie. And Labyrinth. But mostly you at the moment.  The only sort of sad thing is that I was planning one of these myself and now I don't want to steal your thunder. This looks amazing (topiaries!).

EDIT: have you tried converting music files to wav? I could actually hear it after I did.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:53:51 pm by Tearless »

Offline Koylan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »
Ha xD I don't mind if you do one too! Just as long as it isn't the same map! And thank you :3 feels nice being loved. I'm glad there are fellow bowie fans.

Also :( Not sure how to convert them. I don't think it's simple as just editing the ending xD I think I'd need a converter, but if I do that will they work for other people? If so I'll definitely start making my .wav files.

Also :D I've gotten some animals already. I'm currently looking for more so I can make more topiaries. But :) I finally settled on a height for the labyrinth. I'm not sure how I want to make it, it's hard to put dens in so the map might be at least 25000 xD I really want to make this a successful fun and rpable place for peeps.
Sanctum, we want you!

Click to Join!

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 06:13:10 am »
Try this site: http://media.io/     (if I'm not allowed to post that here, feel free to draw and quarter me or something, or I'll just send a PM instead) It has served my converting needs well and seems to be safe.

Also; Yay! Don't worry, definately not gonna be the same. I had this idea (you're welcome to use it) to make a hidden portal or two to a Bog of Eternal Stench map or an Ublient. And I'll admit, part of my reason for wanting to make one is so that I can strut around with a Jareth character looking pompous. XD