Author Topic: First Map [Wip][Suggestions?]  (Read 1139 times)

Offline PayThePiedPiper

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Join the Farcaster on DeviantArt!
First Map [Wip][Suggestions?]
« on: January 05, 2015, 05:31:30 am »
Yesterday I can across an FH map on Deviantart and fell in love with it so of course I had to download the game. While I was waiting for registrations to open I checked out the maps function for myself and promptly decided that I wanted to make a map! So here's the Svea Research Station. It's my country's research station in Antarctica. I downloaded all the meshes (and the preset) but recolored a lot of the objects I have in the map so far.

I still need to go the Terrain Mask but I'm a bit lost as to what else to do. I had the waters in the map frozen and walkable but I'm more than bit clueless about what else to put in besides some rocks. I want to keep it realistic-ish so I made the Heigmap accurat-ish to what I could see from photos.

Any ideas are welcome!
Join along with The Farcaster Musum crew and take part in 53 weeks of unique maps!

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
Re: First Map [Wip][Suggestions?]
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:32:12 am »
You could take the floating islands meshes, restexture it to match the tex of your ground, and then upscale and flip them upside down to create sharp peaks that you can make little dens out of.

Another idea for snowy maps like that is if you have ice, place a few crystals under the frozen water surface, and then for the texture maps, desaturate the color where you have the crystals placed to make the ground itself glow underneath so you have glowing ice.

I got you.

Offline PayThePiedPiper

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Join the Farcaster on DeviantArt!
Re: First Map [Wip][Suggestions?]
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 01:21:53 am »
Thank you so much for the suggestion Haruki! I will definably use the glowing ice idea! I can imagine that looking super cool in this map!
Join along with The Farcaster Musum crew and take part in 53 weeks of unique maps!