Author Topic: The Dank Meme Map Thread  (Read 955 times)

Offline ghoulatrocity

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • MCRmy Sergeant
    • Raineski
    • Raineski
    • emperorsnewbachelor
    • knivesandpens
    • _raineski_
    • View Profile
The Dank Meme Map Thread
« on: June 23, 2017, 06:26:30 pm »
I just brainstormed an idea for a map yesterday. A public map that I created where everyone could join and the theme is Memes/Dank Memes. It would be a chill hangout place where we could discuss memes and even roleplay meme-style. This of course would take a while, considering I'm working on Astralum whilst doing it. And since I made my stupid butt banned the other day, I guess I opened myself some free time to work on it.

This map could be a collaboration project to anyone who may be interested. I will accept textures,objects, etc.

Before I start creation, Terrains can be proposed. I will choose the terrain I think is best for the map. Those who are submitting terrains must submit both a heightmap and a terrain mask. I would prefer that advanced mapmakers submit terrains.

WARNING: TEST YOUR HEIGHTMAPS AND MASKS BEFORE SUBMISSION! IF THEY DO NOT WORK WHEN I GO TO PUT THEM IN THE MAPMAKER, I WILL CHOOSE ANOTHER TERRAIN.

Layout ideas may also be suggested, or suggest textures and objects for others to make. Artists of the collab may sketch out layouts and submit them to me. Everyone in the collab will have credits in the credits text document in the final .ZIP and on a sign by the map entrance. A Discord chat will be made for the collaborators to discuss their works together, for an easier way to get finished projects to me so I can put them in the map. We will decide on two to three layout options and ask the community which they would like. EVERYONE will be involved in every single project one way or another, from object concept art to finishing the object.

My current ideas include a map center, and different meme areas. These areas would all lead to the center. On one side of the center, there would be a path leading to the roleplay grounds. Current things I am questioning is that would you guys like the roleplay grounds on a separate map? General chat announcements? Holiday events? Different maps for each area? Please leave your thoughts below as I would love to hear them. The collab will be a great social gathering and an opportunity to show your work to the players! I hope this idea can reach out to meme lovers and give a meme themed hangout! Like I said, leave thoughts below, and if you would like to collab, show samples of your work! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Being yourself is fun because you're one of a kind and no one else can be you
-Christian Coma-