Author Topic: The Warrior Map Project - input requested?  (Read 1155 times)

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
The Warrior Map Project - input requested?
« on: January 28, 2018, 10:47:46 pm »

something I've been working on! recently i put out Treigthe, which was nice and fun to make, but it has some lag issues that i can't seem to sort out.  this here map pack i've been working on is more separated into sections, rather than in one large map.  this allows for great detail, lesser lag, and any residing groups to have their literal own territory.
this to-be-officially-named project features almost completely custom textures, from the ground textures to the oak trees.  It'll be used as a main example in my upcoming, very cheap map commissions.
the map will be added on to and updated over time, but the first version I'm working on will have ...
- 5 (or possibly and hopefully more) camps with their own territories.  Each territory will blend into the next, but they will all be diverse, from sandy and dirty, to grassy, to rocky, to thickets.  Territories will likely be in separate maps, but with borders so that each clan can have the option of role play with each other, or keeping to their own clan territory.  again, this allows for more detail in the actual territory!
- many, many nooks and crannies like loner dens, landmarks, and simply just scenes for nice role plays or screenshots.
- a "community" moon pool map, two leg farm, and community gathering place. 
- extreme detail, but HOPEFULLY not to a laggy or crashy extent. 
- all the textures and materials i used/made so that those who are kind enough to download and check the map out, also have the option to use the realistic flowers, undergrowth, shrubbery, trees and more that i used to make the map.

the project will take some time, but i'm so excited to put out such a big warriors map that i had to share some previews.  If anyone happens to be reading this, feel free to make some camp, territory, etc suggestions below.  I also need help with a name, and here are some options I've been looking at!
Rill Stone Rivers
Burrow Beck
River's Rest
Timber Brook
The Endless Thickets
The Brambles
Coppice Run
The Coppice
Firth Burrow
The Lavenders
The Undergrowth
any who, let me know.  further updates will be posted here (:

- leda
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: The Warrior Map Project - input requested?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:02:27 pm »
Still really sucks about the last map. I still can't get into it, even after a ton of tries. But this one is looking gorgeous and I'm really hoping I can get in this ooooone.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 04:09:20 pm »
Let me just say this map looks outstanding, leda!
I love the massive amount of detail, and just the overall 'nature' look it gives off. This is how I'd imagine Fourtrees, etc from the books! I couldn't imagine how much work you've put into this already. Warriors for life! +Floof <3
not active here anymore ♡

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 04:17:21 pm »
This is so pretty! I love the realism of it.
I prefer natural maps like this one! I love the amount of detail and grass, makes everything so much more beautiful.
And these flowers are adorable! I like how you added a bunch of rocks and trees too.

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 01:25:07 am »
thank you!!  since the maps/territories are in smaller sections i'm hoping the map maker lets me pull off all of this detail.  Thanks for the input!
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !