Poll

SOPA/ACTA/PIPA?

I think they're a good idea to fight against pirating!
It's good to defend copyright laws, but they're taking it a bit far. (Sign a petition!)
I am against them. (Sign a petition to stop them!)
What? (Check out the many helpful links below for more information)

Author Topic: [16.07.12] Internet Censorship and Copyright Legislation  (Read 72003 times)

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
Re: SOPA
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 06:17:24 pm »

I don't think it's going to pass.
However, think is not as good as know.

As far as I heard, the government was hoping to slip these two bills under the radar, hoping that they'd pass without notice.
Well, that screwed up, and if they were hiding that, then it's obviously something back.
This further confirms the government is hiding secrets...like unicorns really do exist!
Sorry, derp moment there.

Anyways, IF the government decides it's absolutely okay despite the fact that sites like Reddit, Wikipedia, even MINECRAFT shut down to protest the other day,
Well, I'm gonna quote a creepypasta and say "Ya shouldn't have done that."

Sadly, Megaupload has already fallen victim to bills whose fates have yet to be made; granted it did have pirated files uploaded by it's users, but we don't want that happening to any innocent site now, do we?

Now then, I don't need to repeat what has already been said by others. And so, I finish off with this;

Ladies and Gentlemen, engage your weapons, fight against internet censorship! SOPA and PIPA will not pass, because this is war!!

Thirty Seconds to Mars - "This is War" Lyrics
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:19:18 pm by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 07:22:56 pm »

I don't think it's going to pass.
However, think is not as good as know.

As far as I heard, the government was hoping to slip these two bills under the radar, hoping that they'd pass without notice.
Well, that screwed up, and if they were hiding that, then it's obviously something back.
This further confirms the government is hiding secrets...like unicorns really do exist!
Sorry, derp moment there.

Anyways, IF the government decides it's absolutely okay despite the fact that sites like Reddit, Wikipedia, even MINECRAFT shut down to protest the other day,
Well, I'm gonna quote a creepypasta and say "Ya shouldn't have done that."

Sadly, Megaupload has already fallen victim to bills whose fates have yet to be made; granted it did have pirated files uploaded by it's users, but we don't want that happening to any innocent site now, do we?

Now then, I don't need to repeat what has already been said by others. And so, I finish off with this;

Ladies and Gentlemen, engage your weapons, fight against internet censorship! SOPA and PIPA will not pass, because this is war!!

Thirty Seconds to Mars - "This is War" Lyrics

I'm with you and I just got me fire blasting gun! Sopa and pipa must die! *does the da woop face and blasted blue lasers from mouth* I made some funny words out of sopa and pipa:

Pipa:
Pee-a
Peep-a
Poopya
Pip

Sopa:
Soup
Soap
Toilet
Sopa-da-poopa

I am totally going to kill sopa/pipa if they pass.
Signature by Green

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29:36 pm »

And consider that this was done without those bills in effect... Thankfully Anonymous has already gotten revenge for Megaupload, and a new website is underway - see page 1 for update. ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:32:35 pm by Lawcere »

Offline catwarrior

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Kitkatcrunchness
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 10:43:42 pm »
I wanna shut PIPA/SOPA up! They are downright: OUT.OF.THEIR.MINDS!
:3 ~I'm baaaaaaaaaack!~

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2012, 12:58:12 am »
I wanna shut PIPA/SOPA up! They are downright: OUT.OF.THEIR.MINDS!

Good thing is they are now shelved.

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 05:42:22 pm »
Well now that we don't have to worry about SOPA or PIPA we have a whole nother problem. ACTA explained - Animation.flv
ACTA

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2012, 07:07:08 pm »
What's acta? (I'm on my iPad so I can't see posted videos) and that's great news because sopa and pipa just died!
Signature by Green

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2012, 07:25:22 pm »
What's acta? (I'm on my iPad so I can't see posted videos) and that's great news because sopa and pipa just died!

Hmm, shelved doesn't mean they're dead, it means they have been put aside. Most likely they will be changed slightly and put back out there.

And as Tanglemask posted, there are other bills out there, like ACTA, that are still being pushed through.

Offline catwarrior

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Kitkatcrunchness
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »
Come on congress! Lighten up! See the consequences in the future if the bills pass....(whiiiich won't be that good)
:3 ~I'm baaaaaaaaaack!~

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
Re: ACTA, SOPA, PIPA
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 09:04:33 pm »
Updated with more information on page 1.