Poll

SOPA/ACTA/PIPA?

I think they're a good idea to fight against pirating!
It's good to defend copyright laws, but they're taking it a bit far. (Sign a petition!)
I am against them. (Sign a petition to stop them!)
What? (Check out the many helpful links below for more information)

Author Topic: [16.07.12] Internet Censorship and Copyright Legislation  (Read 72009 times)

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
Re: ACTA, SOPA, PIPA
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 11:42:16 pm »
This really goes to show why I refuse to run anything in the US *hugs servers in Canada Ireland Germany and the UK* Though if things get worse round the world I'll probs just move everything to Sweden where they have no Internet laws xD
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 12:37:23 am »
This really goes to show why I refuse to run anything in the US *hugs servers in Canada Ireland Germany and the UK* Though if things get worse round the world I'll probs just move everything to Sweden where they have no Internet laws xD

All the love in the world goes to this suave guy right here~ ^
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 02:06:57 am »
Updated with more information on page 1.

Thanks for the updated news! Note for congress: please stop those bills from passing or there won't be a bright and good future for the you and the supporters of SOPA, PIPA and ACTA. You are controlling people's lives and you are breaking the freedom of speech that the past persists did when they were alive many years ago.(it's not going to be pretty if you let the bills pass.)
Signature by Green

Offline McKenzie

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • THIS IS A CULT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2012, 03:13:20 am »
How will SOPA affect Feral Heart if it passes....some people have been telling me we wont be able to play the game any longer....they kind of just seem like rumors though with no knowledge behind it... does anyone know for sure.
"Ever want to be free?
Do you even remember?
Want to be god but devil like me?" -Jared Leto

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 04:59:19 am »
How will SOPA affect Feral Heart if it passes....some people have been telling me we wont be able to play the game any longer....they kind of just seem like rumors though with no knowledge behind it... does anyone know for sure.

See, it won't directly... But if there is copyrighted material, say a movie clip or a picture, anything used here or in game, or even linked here, it will be connected with the source and the government/service providers can shut down the website/game. I'm sure it's more complicated than that, but I never took the time to fully read throught the acts.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 05:32:23 am »

Serious roflcopter. We might be a lil slack but we probably have some laws aye. Ipred n stuff. xD
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 01:53:54 pm »

See, it won't directly... But if there is copyrighted material, say a movie clip or a picture, anything used here or in game, or even linked here, it will be connected with the source and the government/service providers can shut down the website/game. I'm sure it's more complicated than that, but I never took the time to fully read throught the acts.

Due to having nothing in US jurisdiction SOPA and PIPA can only block us citizens from accessing the site. Its only where company's have equipment in the US that they are able to completely take down sites. Not sure about ACTA though since its an international treaty.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 02:17:06 pm »
I've just signed the petition to stop ACTA and had a mini rant and told Lamar Smith to go and grow a pair. I feel accomplished since I have gone and done my good deed for the day :3

Offline razmirz

• Immortal Legend
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 03:22:39 pm »
Where did you sign?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 03:28:14 pm »
Yeah, I haven't seen any things where you can sign against ACTA yet...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho