Author Topic: The Grey  (Read 4219 times)

JazzForLife

Re: The Grey
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:17:48 am »
Aye, but Throat, your information is not all true. Wolves help greatly with biodiversity. They prey on injured and/or sick. They prey on weak and/or old. Thus helping the population of the elk become stronger. It also pressures the elk herd to graze in one spot. That lets plants that have been overused by the elk grow back, so when it is time to move, the elk have more to eat. The Gray Wolf has controlled the population of overpopulated species, letting the underpopulated grow back once more. You can read more about it here:  link.  

I suggest reading the 'Wolves Help Maintain Ecological Integrity' section.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:21:37 am by Jazzz »

Mutant Headcrab

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:26 am »
INIT: divisiveop.mhc
RUN

<-This unit, an admitted furred quadruped and not an autonomous remote platform, has the following statement to make regarding wild canine populations.->
<-This unit is susceptible to cold environs.->
<-Important joints and servo-motors have a significant chance of freezing over->
<-This unit finds that the pelts collected from feral canids (spectrum designation #CCCCCC) make for ideal insulators in cold climate operations.->
<-In addition, their skeletal structure is ideal for structural decoration and is well suited for warding off larger predatory animals which could cause significant damage to this self.->
<-This unit must also admit a significant attraction to the humanoid entity designated as "Liam Neeson."->
<-This unit would gladly pay $12.50 in American currency to view fictional cinema depicted aforementioned humanoid engaging with aforementioned feral canids.->

END

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 06:36:30 am »
-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:28:20 pm by Draak »

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 07:00:43 pm »
 go to The Grey website. They have a Whole page dedicated to wolves and facts about them. includeing a topic about how wolves Rarely kill or eat people. They are not trying to give wolves a bad name. They also believe that the grey wolf needs to be protected. And there is a link right there on their website that leads to another site where you can sign up to help 'protect' the 'endangered' grey wolves. Hmm....... you know there could possibly be lawsuits between extreme pro-wolf people and this movie... I would hate to see that happen... because this seems like just another thriller movie like jaws. Ok, people got scared of sharks after jaws. People got over it. (mostly)  Im saying  that movies like these are fine. If people want to get a phobia about an animal they havent researched, let them. Its their loss.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:58:56 pm by longjump »

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 01:13:12 pm »
go to The Grey website. They have a WHOLE PAGE dedicated to wolves and facts about them. INCLUDEING a topic about how wolves RARELY kill or eat people. They are not trying to give wolves a bad name. They also believe that the grey wolf needs to be protected. And there is a link right there on their website that leads to another site where you can sign up to help 'protect' the so called 'endangered' grey wolves. Hmm....... you know there could possibly be lawsuits between extreme pro-wolf people and this movie... I would hate to see that happen... because this is just another thriller movie like jaws. Ok, people got scared of sharks after jaws. People got over it. (mostly) All im saying is that movies like this is fine. If people want to get a phobia about an animal they havent researched, let them. Its their loss.

Could you provide a link, Longjump?
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 08:57:02 pm »
http://thegreythemovie.com/ Go here, If you cant find the link to their wolf page (under the videos on the home page) Then go here > http://thegreythemovie.com/data/pdf/Wolf_Fact_Sheet.pdf  Enjoy^^

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

-Angel-

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 11:11:34 pm »
i dont think the movie was made to slander wolves. I personally think it looks pretty cool and wanna go see it but thats just me

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 10:42:14 am »
http://thegreythemovie.com/ Go here, If you cant find the link to their wolf page (under the videos on the home page) Then go here > http://thegreythemovie.com/data/pdf/Wolf_Fact_Sheet.pdf  Enjoy^^

Thank ye, more information on that sheet would of been useful to other people, but I suppose the team would have to do that to make sure that that its not normal wolf behavour.
I don't think I'll go see this movie though.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE