Author Topic: I Don't Know How to do Anything With Particles  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
I Don't Know How to do Anything With Particles
« on: November 20, 2011, 04:02:29 pm »
I need help with particles, I donwloaded this particle but I don't know how to use it in object maker!I know you have to use the Effect Maker but I'm lost from there.Currently my particle, its texture, and its material are all in my_objects like the readme said.So could anyone give me a step by step tutorial on particles, also telling me about things that might go wrong that would cause the particle to not work properly?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: I Don't Know How to do Anything With Particles
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:15:57 pm »
Go into Tools>Object maker in the game menu

Click the button at the bottom saying "EffectMaker"

Then click the Particle tab.

There's 1 field ontop of the window in which you can write in the name and then press the "Add New" button. In there you should write exactly which name the particle uses, and it IS capital sensitive. So if it's called WaterSplash and you write "watersplash" it will tell you it cannot be found.

once the particle is loaded and is placed on your screen, you just need to save it to an object group like any other object. And once that's done, you can use it by loading the object from the object groups in your map maker.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
Re: I Don't Know How to do Anything With Particles
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 05:33:20 pm »
Go into Tools>Object maker in the game menu

Click the button at the bottom saying "EffectMaker"

Then click the Particle tab.

There's 1 field ontop of the window in which you can write in the name and then press the "Add New" button. In there you should write exactly which name the particle uses, and it IS capital sensitive. So if it's called WaterSplash and you write "watersplash" it will tell you it cannot be found.

once the particle is loaded and is placed on your screen, you just need to save it to an object group like any other object. And once that's done, you can use it by loading the object from the object groups in your map maker.

Thanks Red, I figured it out, particles seem so easy now!