Author Topic: Discussion: Goofy RP versus Serious RP  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Discussion: Goofy RP versus Serious RP
« on: October 09, 2013, 08:18:37 pm »
I thought this was a topic everyone could relate to, which type do you like better and why?

Goofy RP: It might not be so out there, hey, it may even start out serious but someone at some point or another either on purpose or on accident, says or does something totally out of line that may be humorous and it all goes out of whack from there.

Serious RP: Now I don't mean "serious" as in taking it too seriously, I mean in that it has some humor but not to the point of utter ridiculousness. The "accidental goofiness factor" or instigation is politely ignored in this RPs and promptly moves onward, maintaining the same atmosphere as before.

I personally prefer the latter,  the serious RP, particularly when RPing with strangers or people I don't RP with often. Why? For me its a matter of age of the person I'm RPing with and them knowing what I find really funny and worth taking a RP into ridiculously unrealistic proportions for the sake of humor and what is not. For me, a character suddenly screaming "Cream, ice sicle horseshoe!" if its some weird catchphrase from some anime or child's TV show is.....probably not going to appeal to me. About the only thing it will probably do is annoy me/make me mad, particularly if said person continues to spew this kind of nonsense over and over again.

I prefer to keep that kind of sillyness OOC. Second, if I find something humorous in the context of what someone wrote, because of age and maturity, what I would say just might go over their head, then I have to explain it, and then its not funny anymore and I've done nothing but waste my time and theirs. Then again, I try to RP with people I know/are around my age as much as I can so thankfully, that does not happen too often.

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
Re: Discussion: Goofy RP versus Serious RP
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 10:43:34 pm »
i prefer serious RP but goofy RP is always a good stress reliever.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:51:40 pm »
We only do goofyness in group chat >:D Goofyness in local, Well,
NOT IN MAI HOUSE!

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline jesswuvs2laf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 01:16:17 am »
We're always in goofy rp-mode but it gets a bit serious sometimes. Not as serious as some of the roleplays I've seen/experienced.

Offline ju1220

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 01:22:52 pm »
I also prefer serious RPs. If I'm bored or hyper than i MIGHT just go to Fluorite, Ficho, Cape, or Ascension to do any "goofy" RPing... But I mostly spend my time on FH on a mapped RP, cause there, most of the silliness is OOC. :)
Love,
JubeJube <3