Author Topic: I Just Need to Talk  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
I Just Need to Talk
« on: August 05, 2014, 05:46:31 am »
Long story short, I started this RP on New Year's Eve of, 2012-2013, and it just ended today August 5 of 2014. I really put my best effort into it, but all things come to an end. I couldn't lead it anymore, and no one else was able to do it either, so there was no choice.

But I just feel guilty about it, I mean, I started a RP and it was my responsibility, and yet it ended so abruptly. After so long, it's just gone. One of the members told me that the RP still had a lot of potential, but is that really true? I could tell we were all getting a bit bored...So, when do you know when to end something like that? Is there ever really supposed to be an end? When do you know when it's time? I wish I knew these things.

I don't know how many of you can sympathize with this. It's not like everyone has run a RP. I was really dedicated, and so were the members. We RPed a lot. We had a lot of fun. But I don't know if anyone ever knows when it's time to truly end something, it's like you just want to keep it going and going, no matter what it takes, even if the RP gets dragged into the ground. You just don't know when to stop.

In this case I guess I was lucky. We were all kind of done with it. I could tell we were all less enthusiastic when we RPed. My mom told me to knock it off, she doesn't want me in my room all night anymore. No one else seemed capable of leading the RP. The only answer was obvious.

Yet I feel guilty. I feel sad. I feel an emptiness.

We had fun. We made memories. We made friends.

So I guess this is the end. Good bye, my RP. Even though I'm still not sure that it was the right decision to end it so abruptly, I know that it wasn't for nothing. All of our efforts were not in vain.

All fun things must come to an end.

Offline Dobo

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I like Marvel AND DC
    • View Profile
Re: I Just Need to Talk
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:29:33 am »
I can defiantly relate. My best friend in FH wanted to start a pack, she said I was going to be the alpha. At first I was against it, because I hate the idea of leading a group, but I was willing to do my best. The pack grew and grew and everyone enjoyed being together, but it didnt last long. I tried to keep it alive and I did, in fact, drive it into the ground. I don't know if it was due to my poor leadership or not, but I thought I did a good job. Anyway, it doesn't mater any more. I knew it was time to let it go.
Ferret-Dragons!!!

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:05:11 pm »
Oh yes....I know how you feel, I have done RPs for years and some of them did last for years on end, I love them so much and I just kinda wanted to rewind and do it over again to maybe do something better or change a few things. The problem with me and my friend is that we pick two chars we really like, RP them, w like that RP so we try it again but different. Maybe they would be humans, maybe they'll be dragons. But it is hard for my friend to stick with the personalities and beliefs of my characters to where I start to lose interest in the RP and eventually put hardly any effort into it. But then there are the RPs, like yours, that are just the most amazing and wonderful things you could have ever done. You want to just RP it over and over and over again! But...either the chars get married and have kids or one of them dies, it must stop and end...I understand your feelings, it's rough to let such an amazing thing go.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 02:56:26 pm »
There are plenty of people who can relate to how your feeling. I, myself, has had that feeling whenever I choose to stop something. The most recent I can share is where my friend hosted a role-play for at least several months, close to a year. When they (my friend, including a few of my acquaintances) decided they couldn't run it anymore. To this day, we still bring up the group as a memorable one, some have even requested they re-create it.

So, don't feel bad you ended something when it was going good. There are many things, even in real-life that had to come to an abrupt end for a better purpose. Who knows, maybe the ending of one thing will lead to a greater one later?
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:46:29 pm »
I think this feeling comes along with being really active.  I had a very active group before.  It was an invater zim roleplay with only four members, including myself.  Sometimes we did serious roleplay with long and literate posts, sometimes we did a random and stupid roleplay.  Sometimes we spend the hole time messing around.  There was no ongoing plot, each time we came together we started something new. It was the greatest time I ever had on feralheart.  But then my parents took away my computer for a long time.  When I returned I felt a little awkward because they had to bring in a new person to play my character.  I felt a little replaced.  But I loved them too much to leave.  Sadly the roleplay slowly went to a end as each member got less and less active.  Today the first thing I do whenever I log in is to check my friend's list to see if any of them are online.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 08:48:48 pm »
I'm glad I'm not alone. Thanks for your responses and I know how you feel about your friends Rustys, I always check for certain people who went inactive as well. It's like a habit.