Author Topic: LOS SABUESOS - A Unique Stray Role Play  (Read 1777 times)

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
LOS SABUESOS - A Unique Stray Role Play
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:19:26 pm »
Info on joining is at the bottom of this post!

Through the New Mexican desert towards the Jemez mountains, a long highway road runs.  Though rarely traveled on by man, it is still used to this day as a guide and path for other wanderers.  Specifically, dogs.  Stray dogs.

Maybe they have turned from their lives by choice; their homes were cruel, unfair, or perhaps they just felt a greater calling awaited them after hearing the tales of the hounds that lay past the highway.
Maybe they were forced from their homes; they haven't the faintest idea where they're going or what to do now, they quite literally walk the road less travelled in hopes of finding shelter.  By chance they walk the highway.

Either way, be it chance, some sort of strange instinct, or just a want to serve a greater purpose, these hounds have been brought to the highway.  Los Sabuesos- The Hounds- highway, named after the many dogs who have been seen walking down it.

Near the highway, an old abandoned shed lay.  This is known as the Shanty, where Los Sabuesos take shelter.  Each day and night they send out patrols, not just for food and scouting, but also to seek out and guide new ones from the road and back to a place where they'll belong.
"You may walk a thousand paw steps to find Los Sabuesos, but in the end, it is Los Sabuesos who will find you."

Some come from the furthest countrysides.  Some come from the nearest civilization just an hour's drive away.  Wherever they come from, or why they have come, in the end it doesn't matter.  Be it the tiniest chihuahua to the grandest mastiff, Los Sabuesos takes all willing to shed blood for the pack, withstand the desert temperatures, and hunt and scavenge.

So if the life of a Sabueso called to you, would you answer it?  Would you walk the highway?  Perhaps you should keep reading.

LOS SABUESOS IS...

Literate.  We are lenient on literacy and don't require samples.  However, be it immediately or through gradual improvement, we expect members to write at least one and a half FH posts for each role play post.

Realistic. We require realistic looking and acting dogs.  Their colors must be realistic, along with their designs.  We have slight leniency but generally aim for realism.  The dogs can communicate with each other/speak to each other, and have an established system of handling their pack, but this is as unrealistic as it gets.  Besides that, the pack is even encouraged to be dominance driven and a bit aggressive to maintain natural dog behavior.

One-Pack. There are not coyotes, wolves, etc.  The main focus is Los Sabuesos, and we do not allow loners.  Despite it being one pack, we still have a LOT of plots planned for it, don't let the lack of other groups turn you away!  Plenty of internal conflict is planned already.

Unique.  Our role play as a unique survival and "struggle" system implemented that applies all the more realism.  This system allows for the community to vote and make decisions on what to do next in sub plot lines, though one of these choices has a bad ending, and if voted upon, it can result in unwanted plot consequence... alongside that system, we also have thoroughly written out pack traditions and ceremonies to keep things interesting!

Discord Required.  All of our information is kept on our discord.  Activity is not required in it, but it's where updates are found, guidebooks, and our map download, so discord is required to join this role play.  Keep in mind you can always easily use it on your browser through discord app.com

Beautifully mapped.  And lastly, our role play has a beautiful desert map.  There's 8 maps in the map pack in total, and for older computers, our map comes in a lag help mode.  Interested in seeing previews?  Head on over to https://www.deviantart.com/rookfox where heaps are uploaded!

Here's some previews of both our pack, and the mainland of the map pack.  Below these you'll find info on joining!

INTERESTED IN JOINING? 
Then hop on into our discord!  THERE IS NO OBLIGATION.  You are completely welcome to join it, look around, and if you decide against joining you can just as easily pop out with no hard feelings.  The head admin of the discord is moi, Leda / Carolina, and you can message me anytime with more questions!
You can also add in game user leda and shoot a whisper in game, but keep in mind that a discord join is still required anyways.

https://discord.gg/pFpYcDE

We do hope to see you there!
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
Re: LOS SABUESOS - A Unique Stray Role Play
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 09:24:47 pm »
Wow I absolutely love this map based off these screenshots! This role play seems very unique and interesting! Not many dog based role plays anymore!
artwork by dehvina

Offline mellon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • naturepunks
    • naturepunks
    • naturepunks
    • View Profile
    • art tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 10:12:28 pm »
join us!!! its fun!! leda worked so hard!!!!!!

Offline mytimeofdying

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 01:08:53 am »
Looks utterly amazing! Might snoop around.
:3

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 02:19:21 am »
OH WOW. I saw something about a dog texture, I believe, on deviantart & I think it said something about this role-play but I didn't really pay much mind to it until I saw the name in this thread again.

I love everything about this.
Definitely interested!
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline Tambourine

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Better known as Tamboob. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 10:14:51 pm »
I've been apart of the roleplay for a week now, and I just gotta say, it's one of the most promising roleplays I've seen all year. I've been in a pretty bad spell when it comes to roleplaying due to issues within the game itself, and I gotta say, it's really put pep back into my step when it comes to being able to roleplay again.

To start out, the map and roleplay is put together with care; so much detail has been put into the map pack itself, and the concept for the group is very well thought out. There is an active plot line, and there is plenty of reason to get on and roleplay. I wont spoil anything, but all in all it's been really fun thus far.

I don't often come to the forums to talk about roleplays, but that's just that. I love the realistic characters, the traditions, the lore, the terminology. Just all of it is fun and easy to get into. Really recommend this roleplay for both casual and story-driven roleplayers.
Icon by AkumiIrako on dA <3

Offline Nephrite

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • nephriite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 11:07:35 pm »
This looks awesome! I’ll definitely check this out when I get the chance. :0

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 07:06:57 pm »
Hello all!  I'll be adding this to the top of the actual post too, but I'm adding in that Los Sabuesos is temporarily an ask-to-join RP, we will be taking a break from recruiting.  This is not a high member demand storyline, and we like to focus on building our members personal character stories instead of focusing on gathering a bunch of new ones.
So to focus on that and the plot, we are not publicly recruiting but if you hop into the discord or simply add leda and ask, you'll be accepted just fine!
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »
Recruitment break is off!  Come on and join us!

Offline Primrose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • Primlet
    • Primmmy
    • aleuwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 11:39:49 pm »
I've never role-played as a canine before, but reading about this and seeing the screenshots of the map.. I am completely blown away! I am most definitely interested in this role-play. c:

Pixel icon made by the lovely, Daffolily. ♥