Author Topic: How Old Should You be to Play FeralHeart?  (Read 7747 times)

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
How Old Should You be to Play FeralHeart?
« on: February 19, 2017, 12:07:46 am »
Okay, so. I know that FeralHeart is designed for a 13+ age range, but there are many users that are 12, 11, or even younger. How old do you think a person should be to play?

I joined when I was younger than 13, and don't think it's - bad - if someone does. However, I believe that if they aren't familiar with chatting online etc. etc., they should have parent supervision/approval. There are plenty of younger individuals that are just as mature or even more than someone years older than them...I suppose it's all on the situation.

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
Re: How Old Should You be to Play FeralHeart?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:15:45 am »
I think 12 is probably a good age to start playing FH. Truthfully that's when I started playing it, though I will admit I was horribly immature, emotional and just a general wreck. I'm 19 now and will likely be playing FH for years to come, which might sound strange to people... Y'know, older players on FH, but that'll be me. Anyways... Nice topic to bring up! Looking forward to seeing responses. :)

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 12:16:41 am »
Honestly I see no issue at all with players younger than 13. FeralHeart is well looked after so really children playing the game aren't seeing anything they shouldn't be seeing.

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 12:17:25 am »
I agree! Sure, some people swear here and there but there's less of that here than in most places, which is good.

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 12:23:53 am »
Personally, I think Feralheart should be open for most ages (I mean, I guess letting a 2 year old play FH might not work out lol). I think the most important thing is just to realize that Feralheart IS targeted at a 13+ audience and that the game is not supposed to be aimed at a younger crowd like other games are (y'know, childhood favorites like Club Penguin [rip], Webkinz, etc.). I think as long as a parent understands that things that could be deemed as inappropriate and that the chat has no filter and that ANYTHING could be said or done... then it's fine in my book. Then again, I could be a bit biased, considering I was younger than 13 when I originally joined aha

Interesting topic!

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 12:57:01 am »
I believe it really depends on your maturity level.

I think a player should be around 13 or older, because I believe that's when you start learning important things such as following rules in other communities or respect. But I'd say the game isn't geared to a younger aged amount of people, as there is sometimes sexual or curse word slip ups VIA chat. Either way, it is up to the parent but I think 13+ is fine.

Thanks for creating this topic.<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 01:27:21 am »
i believe it should stay as 13+
the drama that can occur in the game can really change a kid's mind into a negative format and that's a no-no, bad reputation for the game and bad behaviours for parents to deal with

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 01:36:15 am »
Interesting topic. When I think about it, I wouldn't want anyone under 10 or 11 playing this game and that's kind of pushing it. The rules state that we are a PG-13 game but there are a lot of people that ignore those rules and that doesn't make for a good environment for younger children. Some of the discussions I see in local are above and beyond the PG-13 level and I extremely hate seeing it. It's vile and it has to be stopped. But in the meantime, i'd say 10 or 11 years old should be the youngest.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 01:55:32 am »
Even though I'm 9 I agree that i recommend kids about 12 to play so some problems wont happen. Cause I know sometimes kids will get upset easily, spread rumors everywhere. I don't want that to happen. But it's okay to be like 9 to play its just that you might go through ALOT

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 11:45:08 am »
I believe that, considering that the game does well in having a controlled environment and keeping the immaturity at a limit and profanity/rule-breaking is little to nothing when it comes to publicly chatting in-game; 13+ is a decent age for people to begin joining. However, rule-breaking and profanity isn't quite as controlled sometimes when group chats are active or people are in whisper/party, but that's not something to discourage members from joining the community at a young age and participating in the events during the year. FeralHeart will always be a good place to improve your roleplaying range and it's incredible to see how quickly people who are "illiterate" can quickly learn from others and become part of the "literate club". Not only this, but making friends on FeralHeart is the quickest process I've witnessed amongst my days in different gaming communities.

What I don't understand is why people are quite so "woah" if someone over 25 plays the game; it's a family/kids game indeed but just because FeralHeart is 13+ doesn't mean those older and more mature aren't welcomed. Having adults around to supervise the behaviour of our younger generations make the game much safer, and I don't believe the age requirements should go up or down. Children beneath 13? Well, their parents should be consulted nevertheless or should be limiting the access the younger children have across the internet; FeralHeart potentially being involved. Children accessing everything in the internet isn't entirely their fault, as it is the job of a parent to hold responsibility over what their kids see and hear online to prevent them from harassment or worse; so if they pick up some vile behaviour from the occasional mischief of Local in FeralHeart, that is neither our or the children's fault, but the parents for not taking more responsibility over their online safety.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:48:15 am by Shurtle »

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡