Author Topic: How Has Your Character Evolved?  (Read 4226 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: How Has Your Character Evolved?
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 03:14:00 am »

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 03:32:30 am »
I s'pose my characters went the same as everyone else's, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

5 years ago: Cringy basic characters with no or very cliche backstories.

3 years ago: New characters, better designed, still bland on stories and personality.

Present: Reverted to older characters, less ostentatious designs, actually fleshed out in terms of personality, motives, and backstories.

It's nice to know you've at least improved at something, yeah?

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 12:26:01 am »
Gui started as a random robot preset I thought of making, I was silently a fan of Transformers at the time so she was a Cybertronian for a bit after her creation, I wanted to create a Cybertronian preset to run around with. I planned to create a preset with a dark, sneaky theme to the colors. It turned out as a grey preset with bright orange details and dark turquoise stripes. I couldn't decide whether I wanted her to be an Autobot or a Decepticon, so I made her both, one eye a friendly blue and one eye an evil red. Soon after her creation, I wanted to customise her very species traits, so I made her not a Cybertronian anymore, Gui became a Mechanicat and then possessed an edible hull, making her susceptible to being preyed upon by hungry predators. I started writing her forum bio on a tablet, as my CPU fan stopped working and I figured my PC could overheat if kept running. The tablet, being years old, has since stopped working completely.

I decided to develop the character a bit more, and more, and then none of my characters had more details than Gui.

Gui used to be one to snap whenever something sounds even a tiny bit threatening to her health, quick to react with anger when she feels she could be in danger(My old post in the Character Interviews topic shows her doing this), and made her into a gentle robot who's programmed to mean no harm. I couldn't decide on what traits to give her. Then I started giving her and her species more weaknesses. She'll probably never be completely completed.

*Searches for screenshots of Gui*
Many screenshots
One of the first versions of Gui, with Goldchocobo's animations:
Idk how much I've updated Gui before this screenshot was took:
Then I updated her, but her feet blended in with the rocks in this screenshot:
I continued to add more and more codes, such as glowing to the tail:
Items:
Then I changed the eyes, items and fur patches:
With different animations:
The wings are rods, then a screenshot without the wings:
Recent screenshot of Gui:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:03:55 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.