Author Topic: Groups Listed As "Nope!"  (Read 6061 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Groups Listed As "Nope!"
« on: June 16, 2015, 04:14:15 pm »
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Groups Listed As "Nope!"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 05:09:46 pm »
Beautiful topic, Fox!

Here be my reasons that I may not join a group:

` They say realistic but there are characters that have colors. I'm not talking about the toned down, accent colors, I mean a legit bright red. It's something I don't understand. Now, I can understand if it's a war paint or blood but they can at least tone down the brightness(because actual blood is a bit darker and maybe even purplish).
` Wolf-speakers and/or "txt" talk. This is completely absurd in my opinion, and these are usually the ones who demand you to be literate when they themselves are not. You will be deemed a noob, even if you have been dealing with that kind of crap for years.
` No biographies. Much like you, I love to read biographies about a group or character. I remember reading random bios of characters that had cool names, just for the sole purpose of interest.
` They don't have their website(if they have one) in their biography, or they have typed "Ask ___ about the website." I don't have the patience of trying to remember the entire URL while everyone else is spamming the chat with nonsense.
` Required role play sample. I agree with you totally it is a waste of time, and I might not have a muse right then and there to provide an efficient one. I feel that you and your character will grow with the group, so why perfect that first impression?

#nope
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:13:12 pm by thedumbmutt »
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Saba

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not much to say really
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:47:57 pm »
I also have many reasons as to why not join a group.

1 Samples. Waste of time and makes things chaotic. People somehow got on this English-based game so It's logical they know basics at least.

2. Rude people. Some people just have no idea how to act polite. I've seen that a lot lately.

3 Maps.  If you do have to get one, enjoy the lag and trouble downloading.

4 Active groups. These guys require you to be active and somehow don't get the fact that people have busy lives outside the game.

5 "Wolfspeak" No need to go into details. It's just pure annoying.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:57:43 pm by Saba »
I think it's time to go for greener pastures.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 07:10:18 pm »
Very interesting topic. I must say, I have to agree with a few of the things said above. Here's my list.

1. Bio-less group biographies- Whether it's any at all, I'd really appreciate a biography for the group. Maybe the group's just starting out, and they're really new, but if I've been in a roleplay for a month and they still haven't scrapped together some sort of pre-school essay, I might conjure an uneasy feeling.

2. Popular Roleplays with Popular Websites- I know a lot of people who like to be in big, active, complexly-plotted roleplays with an equally complicated website. This is not for me. I do enjoy roleplays with complex storylines, but when the group leaders require you to go onto the website daily and do whatever stuff they want done online, it simply becomes too much for me. I joined a Warrior Cat roleplay with over 45 members, and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I went on their website, and I knew that there was no possible way I could survive a day in that Clan.

3. People Accepted for Not Being Accepted. I know a few times where I've had to submit an rp sample to the group leader, and whether I was what they were looking for or not, I've been turned away. I've been told I wasn't "literate" enough before, and I easily understood their perspective- I wasn't complaining. But what bothers me is when I see another player ask to join, and the group leader doesn't even ask for a roleplay sample. They just let them join without doing anything at all...and after all my hard work at that roleplay sample...
Also, when they beg and beg to be let into the group, and the leader gets fed up with their whining and complaining, so they just let them in...

4. I have to admit, wolfspeakers and text talk turns me off.

5. Power-playing.

6. The "I-Consider-Myself-Of-Higher-Quality-Because-I've-Been-In-The-Group-Longer-Than-You-Have."

7. When the group leader requires a roleplay sample, but will let anyone in no matter how well of a job they did. This bothers me simply because some people work hard in order to be accepted into a roleplay. It's not that I'm saying nobody wants to work hard to be in a roleplay, but if the leader is going to accept anyone who wants to join, then what's the point of an rp sample? This also waves a red flag because it says, "Hey, this person might not care about my hard-working, roleplay ethic."

That's all I can think of...for now.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 07:23:42 pm »

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 07:59:11 pm »
I don't have that many reasons for not joining, excluding need and laziness.

Though the few I have are just this:

If they're rude, impolite, or in anyway inconsiderate, no thank you

If they're pretentious/prideful, nooooo

And, finally:
If they are in any way bullying their members/ex-members they kicked for no reason, consider me out.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 08:26:46 pm »
Things that turn me away from groups:

-Unoriginal roleplays. By this I mean groups that hardly have a plot and are almost exactly the same as tons of other groups. For example, I see a lot of Warrior Cat roleplays that are just exactly the same as a bunch of other Warrior Cats roleplays, and I don't see any reason why I'd want to join. (I'm not saying all Warrior Cat rps are like this at all, just using it as an example since I tend to see them a lot)

-Roleplays that put an extreme amount of detail and confusing language into their roleplay. I see roleplays like this a lot as well, and I never want to join them because I can't understand a single thing of what they're saying or what their plot is. They use a bunch of odd made-up terms for everything, have too many characters with more odd-names in their plot as well as too many places, and everything just gets confusing and way too specific.

-Wolfspeak. Eep.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:37:15 pm by Turtlex »

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 09:28:31 pm »
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 09:40:28 pm »
The list of things that will me say "nope" to a group include:
  • Bio-less groups: Like a lot of people, bio-less groups are ones I tend to stay away from. If you don't know what the group is about, why would you want to join? Seriously.
  • Text talkers and wolf speakers: This has been a pet peeve of mine since I started roleplaying. I only use text talk when I'm not roleplaying, otherwise it just looks sloppy, and hard to read. Wolf speaking is just, ugh. I really can't understand what they're saying.
  • God-modders and power-players: Coming from the world of AJ, this is one real problem for me. It has almost ruined roleplaying for me, which is why I am so glad I found this game in the first place. God-modders and power-players are not fun to play with in my opinion.
  • Websites: I honestly don't like websites, just because I don't like have a ton of accounts for things, and I'd rather get right to roleplaying, than making an account for some website I'll probably forget about.
  • Impossible ranking systems: Ugh, there have been several roleplay groups that I've seen claim that it's possible to rank up. The first time that happened, I got my hopes up, only to find that the leaders favorite got the job. Rather than picking your friends, you should pick the most deserving. Plus ranking systems are unfair in the way that all of the higher ranks completely ignore the lowers.
  • Realistic groups: This just bugs me, because a lot of the time, even if your color is just a little bit off, you will be turned down. No one can really perfectly match natural colors in a game with limited markings, which can only get so close to the real thing.

This is  only a few I guess.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 09:41:11 pm »
I apologize! ;-; I just wanted to share some things I didn't like in a group as well as things I did like in the same post, and I didn't mean to say that we were talking about the groups as a whole, I just sorta sucked at my word choice. I will edit my original post.