Author Topic: ~Wild's Map-making Video Tutorials~WIP-Update 5/7-Terrain Mask in GIMP.  (Read 29613 times)

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
um, could you maybe show how to get it ingame if you used paint.net? XD i need to have my map with the height and mask in it because its a warriors map -lol i know to many, but a friend asked me to make it- and i really need the height map and mask to work for me, i typed it in exactly as the file name and i used the default picture as a work place, so its the normal size it needs to be
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Kieva

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • I am a Christian and artist.
    • View Profile
I used to be able to change the water texture. But now I have forgotten. Just a suggestion- or request... Would you mind making a water texture tutorial when you have the time? If you could it would be very much appreciated. C:[color]
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~John 3:16

Zodiac

-Karmas- THANK YOU!!! I needed this so much!

Leafscatter

Re: ~Wild's Map-making Video Tutorials~WIP-Update 5/7-Terrain Mask in GIMP.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:20 pm »
Hi, (*gives good Karma for good tutorials*)
When I'm on the Mapmaker and trying to add the new [mapname]Terrain.png file it keeps coming up with an error saying that it can't find the file
Cannot find '[mapname]Terrain.png' !!

It seems to do this with every Heightmap I make, even though I save it as [mapname]Terrain.png and have it saved in its own folder with the TerrainMask in terrain folder.
Any help?

SheWolfey

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 01:12:39 pm »
I followed all of the steps to the letter, yet when I load my mask into Feral Heart it all goes black and I can't use any of the different textures. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please?  :-[  :-[  :-[

brownwisker

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 11:30:54 pm »
i saw ur youtube video and can you type me the steps i try to save it to the FH folder i followed all your directions and it wont work can u help me please?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:35:44 pm by sammy »

Offline AlisanWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 04:41:59 pm »
Just a question: What Photoshop is used? Because I have Photoshop, and is CS4...
I mean, I made the map and the mask as you said.. but the mask didn't worked.. to be sure, I made another map and mask... and same.. :(

Offline GreekRiot

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "You Can't Love Nature With A Gun."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 11:03:36 pm »
So i used your terrrain mask video to help me, but, i go int the game and go inside, it still the regular old terrain. :b

Silverwing600

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 01:45:56 am »
OMG your Moonkitty? I've watched all your tutorials and they were a great help, thanks!

Offline Kharress

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • The sun'll come out tomorrow ? ?
    • View Profile
    • Here, you can browse my crummy art. x]
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 02:55:20 am »
Wow! Very useful, thank you! I have been trying to make a map for my wolf and my big cat/hyena RPs and this is certainly going to help me!(:
[[These scars we wear remind us; the more we change, the more we're all the same.]]