Author Topic: Downloaded, but won't open?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline AmaltheaArts

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I'm back, baby!
    • AmaltheaArts
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
Downloaded, but won't open?
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:51:23 pm »
I've downloaded the game and everything, but now when I open FH, it seems like nothing happens. I've had this same problem for awhile now... Please help!

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
Re: Downloaded, but won't open?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:54:23 pm »
Does you game go to the starting screen and then crash? I'd go to your FeralHeart folder > media folder > particles folder and see if anything is labeled with _0 or _1 on the end of it. If there is, delete it.

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 09:56:36 pm »
Make sure you downloaded the actual Game Setup and not the Patch. When installing, make sure you install it into your (C:) drive.

You can try right-clicking the program and choosing Run as Administrator or changing the Rendering System to Direct3D. You can change the rendering system by clicking the link below (It's on Post 5 of the thread):

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.0

^ If those solutions fail try restarting your computer and trying to run Feralheart again.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline AmaltheaArts

• Curious Wanderer
  • I'm back, baby!
    • AmaltheaArts
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:48:58 pm »
Does you game go to the starting screen and then crash? I'd go to your FeralHeart folder > media folder > particles folder and see if anything is labeled with _0 or _1 on the end of it. If there is, delete it.
Make sure you downloaded the actual Game Setup and not the Patch. When installing, make sure you install it into your (C:) drive.

You can try right-clicking the program and choosing Run as Administrator or changing the Rendering System to Direct3D. You can change the rendering system by clicking the link below (It's on Post 5 of the thread):

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.0

^ If those solutions fail try restarting your computer and trying to run Feralheart again.
No, you don't get it. It's like FH doesn't WANT to respond. Not even a window pops up. Just... nothing. I tried downloading it again, and I'd click Run, but then the window would close and nothing would happen. And I've tried restarting the computer. Nothing happens.
Plus, on the computer, I'm not the Admin. I'm usually on the Admin, if I'm on this account, it's when I'm not supposed to even BE on the computer ^^"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:50:29 pm by Amia Conquer »

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 08:24:25 pm »

No, you don't get it. It's like FH doesn't WANT to respond. Not even a window pops up. Just... nothing. I tried downloading it again, and I'd click Run, but then the window would close and nothing would happen. And I've tried restarting the computer. Nothing happens.
Plus, on the computer, I'm not the Admin. I'm usually on the Admin, if I'm on this account, it's when I'm not supposed to even BE on the computer ^^"

Yes, I understand what your problem is. The information both Buffy and myself have posted are possible solutions. When you eventually go on the Admin account try the Run As Administrator. Again, make sure you actually downloaded the Game Setup and not the Patch.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline AmaltheaArts

• Curious Wanderer
  • I'm back, baby!
    • AmaltheaArts
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:00:27 pm »

Yes, I understand what your problem is. The information both Buffy and myself have posted are possible solutions. When you eventually go on the Admin account try the Run As Administrator. Again, make sure you actually downloaded the Game Setup and not the Patch.
It works on Admin, but on this account my computer doesn't respond at all.