Author Topic: Welcome to hmm  (Read 17137 times)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to hmm
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2018, 07:41:21 pm »
Hey, lurker and survivor of the 'mess'.
I agree. If you where to choose new staff. Choose wisely.
Glad to see this isnt the "demise" of FH, but rather a new begining.

However I too am confused on this whole thing. But I'll continue
To cooperative with whatever happens.. I'm not a side taker.
And I won't leave FH so easily.
Good luck
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:50:33 pm by morqque »

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 08:41:58 pm »
Hello!

I've been watching this board since around the time it was created.

Choose the staff wisely.

I wish you luck in regaining the trust of the community. When in public boards, I'll act like I still don't know, to maintain this board's cover.
If you need something, let me know and I'll try to help to the best of my ability, but I'll analyse each of my tasks to make sure they're right.

Nothing's going to push me away from FeralHeart while it's up and running.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:16:16 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 08:54:32 pm »
So many things to talk about, i see talk of ficho's redesign.  The 1.15 ficho seems logical enough, and there's plenty of walls a portal could be put into without the radical redesigns seen recently.  Sure it doesn't have that waterfall people focus on, but that's not a major issue.
Edit: Oh, zama looked like a drag&drop replacement.  The fish were a nice touch. basic, but nice.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:23:27 pm by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 10:17:06 pm »
I still have many mixed feelings after reading all of this. Yes, I absolutely want the game to continue on. But after all this commotion I'm not sure how that's going to happen.

No Moderator October hasn't started yet, no, but there were already masses of players spamming curses, slurs, and other foul words into the chats. The month hasn't even started. And this is already being done. There's still a few more days before it's implemented, and in the mean time there's no staff to handle reports of these heaps of rule breakers.

One thought may be that people will begin to use your system once it's put into place. But the biggest issue with this is, as someone who's been trying to keep people calm while all this is going on, that I've seen everyone is too scared to get on in order to do so. You said you are not one for explaining yourself, but I do believe your ban system is something that needs to be disclosed, because as of now 90% of the userbase believes that the ban system is that enough blocks on a person gets them banned, something that can easily be exploited. If those people are to return to the game and help maintain a healthy online environment, they need to know how the ban system works so that they feel safe enough to be able to come back. (Proof of this: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=64660.0 )

I'm very confused over whether or not you truly want staff.

Quote from: Razmirz
Also note moderator free October was preparation for the staffs departure.

The fact that you said this, but then said in this thread here that you're unsure how to go about hiring new staff just makes the No Moderator October thing seem meaningless, or as if you wanted to rid of the last staff team specifically.

I don't mean for that to sound like I'm hurling insults, I'm just stating what it looks like to someone with outside perspective. I.e., the rest of the Feralheart community.

If you truly do mean to create another staff team, I agree with the others in saying a mix of both old and new would be best. Most of us have no experience as staff, thus do not know what to look for in a staff member, so I cannot say we can provide good recommendations for new staff members. If you were to bring on a few old staff members, they would most likely help you best with that.

I would like to point out that it seems that the number of staff has always seemed... limited, in the past. Again, as I am not nor have been staff I do not know if there is a specific reason behind this, but I do sincerely believe that a slightly larger staff team would be beneficial to the entire community. A mix of old staff who can both train new staff and perform their old duties while teaching others to do the same.

As for where I stand on the matter, it's simply for the betterment of the game. With everything that has come out, I don't truly know what to believe, so I'll be sticking to facts if I can.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:54:58 pm by Edolicious »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 10:42:55 pm »

Someone to keep the forums in line & hand out good advice isn't a bad thing.
I know a few people who'd be fit for that.  Some of them are probably reading this right now.
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 10:51:34 pm »

Someone to keep the forums in line & hand out good advice isn't a bad thing.
I know a few people who'd be fit for that.  Some of them are probably reading this right now.

I didn't mean this to sound as if I think staff are a bad idea, I think quite the opposite. I believe they are essential for the game.

What I meant by that is that I'm not able to tell whether Raz desires staff based on things he has posted.

I'm just a little lost.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2018, 12:57:20 am »
Been lurking on this thread since this morning and after taking some time to sit and think about things, here is what I'm going to say.

I think the manner in which this entire situation was executed and handled was at its absolute lowest performance, and I will be forthright about it.

If you are not one for explaining yourself, that is entirely understandable. What makes it unacceptable, however, is involving the entire community and scaring them half to death with a system you chose to be rather vague about. I cannot stress enough how important it is to fully disclose something to those who are involved. They have the right to know what is going on if it affects themselves, their community, and the game they indulge themselves in on an almost daily basis. If your system does not work the way they believe it works, then it is on you to provide the correct information and enlighten everyone on the inner workings of this new implementation. It is a necessity, not a desire.

You want this game to keep running, otherwise why go through all of this trouble? Why provide a private board for a select few members to ponder over staff recruitment methods? If this is what you want, then I suggest you heed not only what I have said so far, but to everyone else who posted in this thread. Before any work or progress can be made, something needs to be done first to fix the community that is currently in shambles due to the carelessness of this situation.

Also from what I have gathered from a couple of your responses, it seems to me you haven't exactly thought some things through, which to me shows a huge flaw in your ability to manage this community. I don't intend for this to sound like an insult, but in order for something to work, you need to have every detail figured out beforehand instead of throwing something out there for others to figure out for you while simultaneously putting them and the community at risk. You have no clue how to recruit new Staff members? You should have thought of that before your actions led to the departure of the Staff team. You haven't looked into Moderator Free October yet? Why rush in getting the thread published, then? I don't understand your intentions, Raz.

As for me and my stance, I have mixed feelings about this whole thing.

I still do not agree with what you have said nor the actions you have taken. I don't believe it was fair to go through with your decision without consulting the rest of the team. I don't believe it was fair for Nynx to receive the punishment you dished out, regardless of whether or not her actions were viewed as a political stunt in your eyes. As I have said, this was - and still is - being handled poorly, and I am certain a number of things currently happening could have been prevented with proper care.

I still don't know the extent of what happened between you and the Staff team nor do I expect you to fill in those gaps for me or for anyone else, as I respect that it's a private matter. I am just distraught that things have come to this, whether you wanted them to or not. I really want this community to continue to flourish and thrive, I really do. However, I can't stop myself from feeling an ounce of dread for what you have in store. I'm sure your intentions are good, Razmirz, but the way you are handling and going about things is rather concerning. You mentioned that staff are "replaceable," and while that may be true in some cases, it certainly isn't for this one. The now retired Staff team brought out the best in the community and have poured so much of their time and effort into this single game. They were a close-knit group consisting of those with years of experience, who knew the community and the game like the backs of their hands and would do anything to keep the userbase happy. How you treated them now or in the past is apparent in their decision to band together and leave the community they likely would not have left under any normal circumstance. Now here we are, on a forum without a working team, and I can't tell if this was something you were actively working towards or not.

Again, I'm certain you still want to keep things running. Everything you've done would be meaningless if not. You realize you need a staff team to keep things working, as made evident by the purpose of this board. I won't give my thoughts on the matter in a way to avoid repeating what has already been said by others before me. Please think at least this through before taking action, Raz, as it is a long process in finding the right members fit for the duties of a staff member.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:00:11 am by Panzram »

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 07:21:02 am »
Just to add onto everything, in a matter of explaining to people what are your intentions with the game (which I personally think are good). And how I think and why  you should explain even more than you already did.
I am not going to go into what happened between you and the Staff, currently our main goal is to fix this.
I think that you should post another explanation of what you would like to do with the game.
What you said to us about posting more frequent updates with small patches, having maps layed out differently and the thing you said about Bonfire and Ficho.
Also what you said about “Advertising chat” and how there would be waiting between adverts to reduce spam.
And to mention that you are indeed looking for a new Staff team.

I think that is what you should do, because community deserves to know these things.
I spend a lot of the time in game and on the forum, and most questions that are being asked is about the staff and what are your intentions with this game. People are afraid that you want to shut down the server but I am sure now that you don’t want to do that.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2018, 07:53:41 am »

Also what you said about “Advertising chat” and how there would be waiting between adverts to reduce spam.

No don't tell anyone you're looking for staff, the mod beggers started circling the moment they heard the old ones were gone.  And mod beggers, are normally not the kind you want to have power.  As someone who spent much time on forums in the past i know that much from experience.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 07:56:44 am »

No don't tell anyone you're looking for staff, the mod beggers started circling the moment they heard the old ones were gone.  And mod beggers, are normally not the kind you want to have power.  As someone who spent much time on forums in the past i know that much from experience.

The fact that the Staff Team have already up and left has already evoked people to beg for position on the Staff Team. I do believe Razmirz isn't so desperate as to actually give them power if they're on their knees for it, but show no specific skills and ability to be capable of dealing with the hard work and dedication required to working on the Staff Team.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡