Author Topic: Feral Heart Application failing to work. -Solved-  (Read 2034 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Feral Heart Application failing to work. -Solved-
« on: January 19, 2014, 03:20:34 am »
Everything was going smoothly and I got access Feral Heart. After a while, I downloaded Brokami's Graphics. (Link: Click Me [Bro's Graphics! [Finally Updated]. I used the files "Low" and placed them into (C:) Local Disk \ Feral Heart. (Note: I do not intend to point any accusing fingers at Brokami at this, in any way.)

This is a quote..sorry I was ranting here to Jim since we were chatting:

Quote from: From "OreoHeroz" to "JimMoriarty"
Good news and bad news.

Good news: Great! Glad to hear that. c: Should be done soon.

Bad News: I downloaded Brokami's settings again since she updated it. However game was superduper laggy so I pressed "ctrl z" to re-do what I did (placing the files in the order) Windows asked if I wanted to remove 20 items, so I said yes. I //think// those were the files, however they were not removed when i checked. so I removed them myself. When I launched the game, it crashed right before Kov (idk his name, sorry x3 too lazy to check). weraofsihewkd I tried deleting a few files that I thought did not belong, ran on Administrator, switched the Open GL thingy thing, etc. STILL DID NOT WORK. HNNNNNG. So, my last thought was to reinstall FH, which I was reluctant to since I have bunch of stuff I've been working on. Like this map I'm proud of (still WIP). So I backed up my files and deleted everything and reinstalled Fh again. (The first download) However Norton said the file was not safe and it gave me its bucket full of crap IDC about. I ignored it yet Norton blocked me again and -- you Norton. So I went to my downloads and ran the old program (whatever its called, like..I already used it before, idk how to explain) but it couldn't find or do something with these files. So I aborted it since i didn't want to ignore them (which was an option) Now I am doing the second download and hoping it works.

Sorry for my ranting. I know this sounds stupid but I was praying to God I would be able to access FH and not loose my work. I have some important stuff on there which I worked hard on. -.-* I really hope it works...would be a shame not to download or use FH anymore. edskjedsolewdskweaol

I'm trying the second download now...wish me luck. x3

o.e Yeah ignore my ranting and such. But the problem is in there. Justtoolazytotypeitout.

While the installition loaded/downloaded the files, etc. an error popped up. Instead of taking a screenshot I wrote what the message said word for word. After I wrote one done, I pressed Ignore, and it continued.

Files that are missing/access denied
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

C:\FeralHeart\media\overlays\overlay1\gui.fontdef

An error occured while trying to create a file in the destination directory:
Setup was unable to create the directory
"C:\FeralHeart\media\overlays".

Error 5: Access is denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

C:\FeralHeart\media\overlays\overlay1\templates.overlay

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

C:\FeralHeart\media\overlays\overlay1\templates2.overlay

C:\FeralHeart\media\overlays\overlay2\bio.overlay

C:\FeralHeart\media\overlays\overlay2\charcreate.overlay

C:\FeralHeart\media\overlays\overlay2\mapmaker.overlay

I have no clue what to do now. I'm stuck, and I'm getting quite annoyed. Any help is appreciated; thank you very much in advance!

(Sorry if this was confusing)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:00:44 pm by OreoHeroz »

AlphaEclipse

Re: Feral Heart Application failing to work.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 04:12:17 am »
This is strange. I'm almost positive that Brokami's mod wouldn't put anything into the overlay files. o-o

Overlay files control the text in-game. For example, if I went into the overlay file named 'charcreate' and opened it notepad, I could edit what things say in-game:

Anyways, (derp) all you can really do is reinstall FH. v.v Without the overlay files, FH cannot work properly and will not turn on.

But, I'm a bit confused. Does it say that access is denied for everything in FH? And what exactly did Norton say? Again, this is very strange. Last I tried installing Brokami's mod, Trend Micro Titanium blocked it and wouldn't let meh download it. o^o It said there were like, 8 viruses in it. o_o Which I highly doubt was true.

First try running FH as administrator. If it denying you access this should fix that. Next, restart your PC. If that doesn't work, I honestly have no idea. o-o

Try contacting Brokami if it gets really bad.

Lol, I'm so confused.

Gewd luck, Oreo! D:

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 03:37:36 pm »
Pfft. Don't worry. I'm confused as well -.(\

Thank you for the suggestions though!<3 i shall try these.

However when I try and download the first download of FH, that is when Norton blocks me.

The second download is when the overlays are not found and the 'access is denied' part comes up. Just for the overlays.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 04:25:59 pm »
Pfft. Don't worry. I'm confused as well -.(\

Thank you for the suggestions though!<3 i shall try these.

However when I try and download the first download of FH, that is when Norton blocks me.

The second download is when the overlays are not found and the 'access is denied' part comes up. Just for the overlays.
Ah, I see now. :3 If Norton blocks you for FH, I'd just ignore it. FH has no viruses or malicious software it et. o3o I still can't figure out why the overlay files are doing that. o-o
<3 Gewd luck Oreo~

Koolwolfe

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 11:30:14 am »
Hello, seems like what you downloaded might have a virus that is blocking you Oreo, I suggest bringing your back up folder to this or, reinstalling hope this helped Oreo!

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 02:00:14 pm »
Thanks, you two! ^^
I just needed to restart my whole laptop and reinstall FH. Google Chrome blocked the download but I turned it off. Norton said it was alright (the irony -_-) and now everything's alright.
A mod can lock this now.
Thanks again!