Author Topic: Installer WILL get me into life-threatening trouble  (Read 2807 times)

Offline GreenDotStands

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • I am everywhere
    • Disgustedorite
    • HohkiTEC
    • disgustedorite
    • Disgustedorite
    • View Profile
Installer WILL get me into life-threatening trouble
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:27:15 pm »
Last I checked, FH's installer uses torrent, even if you download the "web setup"...while most of the info on why is only shared on a need to know basis (and will certainly never be said on a public forum), in essence if use of any kind of torrent software--including FH's installer and preset sync--and it's detected on my internet, a series of events will occur that will most likely end with me starving to death, or at the very least being homeless without contact with any of my relatives to help me. (again, the reasons why are on a need to know basis--I promise it isn't as insane as it sounds, I'm not just making up some crazy thing that could never happen in reality!)

so like...is there a normal installer for FH and a google drive port of the preset sync? Because I wanna play the game and also not potentially die afterwards. I know it's a really weird thing to ask and I probably sound like I belong in a mental hospital but as I said the full explanation's on a need to know basis.

EDIT: Please do not respond if all you're gonna do is give me a mediafire link that's just the same installer as the "web setup" that is literally a miniature torrent program. Just because it's a different link does NOT mean it is a different file.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:37:36 pm by GreenDotStands »
my username was a joke and I want to change it

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Installer WILL get me into life-threatening trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 06:29:24 pm »
I'm really not sure what you're asking for but if you're looking for an alternative version of the game download, a mediafire version can be found on this thread:
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57539.0

I saw that you brought up Preset Sync, but I don't know of any alternate downloads for that

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline GreenDotStands

• Curious Wanderer
  • I am everywhere
    • Disgustedorite
    • HohkiTEC
    • disgustedorite
    • Disgustedorite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 06:33:33 pm »
I'm really not sure what you're asking for but if you're looking for an alternative version of the game download, a mediafire version can be found on this thread:
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57539.0

I saw that you brought up Preset Sync, but I don't know of any alternate downloads for that

Okay so the way FH's installer works is it's a miniature torrent download program, that's why I can't use it. The mediafire link is just the same file as the web setup.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »
Well I don't think there is another file that FeralHeart comes in. :I
You could always try Shally's Websetup Tutorial if that'll help in any way.

Offline GreenDotStands

• Curious Wanderer
  • I am everywhere
    • Disgustedorite
    • HohkiTEC
    • disgustedorite
    • Disgustedorite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 06:39:03 pm »
Well I don't think there is another file that FeralHeart comes in. :I
You could always try Shally's Websetup Tutorial if that'll help in any way.

That is why I am on the HELP forum, asking for STAFF HELP. Alternatively I could write you a tutorial on how to make a normal installer for me to download so I don't LITERALLY DIE because I installed a game using the miniature torrent program.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 06:40:28 pm »
Well you did write a help thread on a public forum.
I suggest seeking help from a Staff member by PM'ing them if you don't think anyone else can help you.

Offline GreenDotStands

• Curious Wanderer
  • I am everywhere
    • Disgustedorite
    • HohkiTEC
    • disgustedorite
    • Disgustedorite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 06:48:35 pm »
Well you did write a help thread on a public forum.
I suggest seeking help from a Staff member by PM'ing them if you don't think anyone else can help you.

My question is, why aren't there staff or at the very least people who know what they're talking about on the help forum?

Offline bailmint

• Experienced Traveler
  • Promises keep us in chains, my dear.
    • bailmint
    • bailmint
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 06:50:01 pm »
Hold on there Green, if you want to get help you aren't going to get it by being disrespectful. Regularities was only trying to assist you, she is perfectly capable of reading and caps are unnecessary. If you want to get your way, please ask nicely and treat our members with respect.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:01:59 pm by bailmint »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 06:58:44 pm »
It doesn't matter if a staff member or a typical player helps you with your problem. We are all the same. Regular just provided you with the .exe setup file that's exported from the .torrent file, which should've solved your issue.
Edit: I went through the file linked in this thread and it functions like a regular setup. It's not a "miniature torrent file", it's an .exe file.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:12:20 pm by WolfQueen »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 09:32:05 pm »
I'm not sure by the way you worded your issue what the problem actually is. Are your concerns with the Torrent download because of the association commonly made between Torrent downloads and illegal online downloads? Because, torrenting itself is not illegal. It is a P2P (peer to peer) file sharing method. This makes it an ideal method for installing the game. Here is some more information about this:

Let me explain a few things for you. While you may associate the word "torrent" with the word "piracy", that is actually not the best way at describing torrenting. Torrenting is a P2P, or peer to peer, file sharing method. The downloads of torrents that contain legal, uncopyrighted content is not illegal at all. The only thing that would make a torrent illegal would be a torrent that contains copyrighted material that is being distributed without the owner's permission. A lot of places on the internet, such as Internet Archive, use torrents to share books, videos and other content that is all public domain and under a Creative Commons license which allows it to be shared. As for FeralHeart, using the torrent method of download is not illegal whatsoever. All it is is a means of downloading the file with ease.

Hope this information helps you.

Installing the uTorrent software and downloading the torrent from the site is 100% safe and legal, which is why we use it here. Actually, the torrent version is a much faster way to download the game. I prefer it myself.

If this isn't the information you were looking for, please clarify what you meant in your topic and responses.

And this forum is a public place for everyone to post their responses and try to assist you. Please try to remain respectful of others here.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:41:05 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.