Author Topic: Regarding preset requests  (Read 1481 times)

Offline ScaredSpaghetti

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Regarding preset requests
« on: December 03, 2015, 11:19:09 pm »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:20:17 pm by ScaredSpaghetti »

DeviantArt: Unnuk
Tumblr: feralheartattack
In Game Username: ScaredSpaghetti

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding preset requests
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:05:58 am »
Very true. A lot of users who make fur textures tend to sell them for points, which restricts users who aren't able to buy things for various reasons.

Personally I've never had issues with finding fur textures people are happy with, but that might be because I have about +20 different textures from multiple users.

Sometimes people have to be okay with the preset maker changing a few things as, as you mentioned, some colours and markings just won't work with certain textures.
RETIRED.

Offline Berrymutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Huge Critical Role nerd
    • Berrymutt
    • berrymuttbb
    • Berrymutt
    • NickBerrymutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 02:09:22 pm »
-Throws in my two cents-
In my eyes I'm not really the one to get all picky over preset textures. I've been using Delay's canine and feline textures (except the wings I think I use default textured wings) but I'm the type who is happy with the preset regardless of the preset texture. I literally have low enthusiasm when it comes to preset textures. I'm just exstremely excited that I have a preset for that character, you know? Of course others have different reactions when it comes to preset textures like the amazing preset artists who make presets for the community for example and that's ok too! This is a great topic to talk about because there are exstremely picky beings when it comes to preset textures and sometimes they don't understand that not every preset maker has their own style and are comfortable with only certain textures.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:10:58 pm by Berrymutt »

Avatar made by Ziboe. Signature Made By DOG-BOWL On DeviantArt.
Discord: Berrymutt#0225
Twitch: Berrymutt
Download My Presets

Offline Hotdogsrule

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • i eat cereal at 6 pm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 04:06:20 pm »
This will not be a long response, but I have something to add as well. On many occasions I've seen people ask for the same exact request in several different preset threads, before the first one(s) have even been started. I feel like it's a bit rude to do so, maybe a bit selfish, plus then which one do you use? I won't point fingers but, like I said, it happens far too much. (Sorry if this is a tad off-topic as we're talking about textures.)

bork
(i don't even like hotdogs)