Author Topic: Regaining an Old Account with a Faulty Email  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Midoriwroth

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Regaining an Old Account with a Faulty Email
« on: September 09, 2014, 03:39:40 am »
Greetings.

I have just recently returned to Feral Heart after an extremely long hiatus away from it. The thing is, though, I am unable to access my older account because of my incapability to remember my password/username.

I tried retrieving my password and username via the email option, and it says that the email was delivered successfully, yet my inbox remains empty. After some experimenting, I found out that, for whatever reason, att.net (Which hosts the email address for my old account) doesn't want to receive any emails from the Feral Heart site anymore. I made a different Email on gmail.com, created a new profile on the Feral Heart site, and the verification email sent instantly to my gmail account.

I tried making a new account on att.net too, but that resulted the same way for the old account. All in all, is it possible for me to retrieve the old account by say, changing the directed Email provider somehow, or through some moderator ability

If the account can't be retrieved, that's perfectly fine. I just want to know if it can and why ATT doesn't seem to want to recieve the e-mails. Sorry if my reply is slow for the moment, i'm going to sleep after I post this and will not be able to read it until the morning.

~Midori
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:48:29 am by Midori the Ferret »

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Re: Regaining an Old Account with a Faulty Email
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 07:46:49 am »
Are you sure it isn't in the spam thing? o.o anyways I think you can configure it to receive FH emails however since I never used att.net I will not be able to help in this case :c

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Midoriwroth

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:28:31 am »
Are you sure it isn't in the spam thing? o.o anyways I think you can configure it to receive FH emails however since I never used att.net I will not be able to help in this case :c
Nope, it just never appears anywhere in my att.com mail. If there's a way to configure what it receives or not, i'd love to know how. What's funny is this same exact thing happened when I tried registering for the Cube World game at picroma.com with an att.com account; it just would never send the email to that account, and I had to use a friend's email for it to actually work.

That wouldn't be much of a problem here if I didn't already have an att.net email bound to my old account
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:36:51 am by Midori the Ferret »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 07:28:28 pm »
You can only change email if you got access to the account, if you do not have access you will not be able to set a new one. The email is really your security for your account since it's generally expected that people keep track of their important information there.

If you want to set a new email to the game account you must log into the yellow box next to the banner first, I'm afraid that this might be a lost cause.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Midoriwroth

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »
You can only change email if you got access to the account, if you do not have access you will not be able to set a new one. The email is really your security for your account since it's generally expected that people keep track of their important information there.

If you want to set a new email to the game account you must log into the yellow box next to the banner first, I'm afraid that this might be a lost cause.

Ah, oh well, not a problem. It was worth the try at least.