Author Topic: Does an RP having a site make you more or less inclined to join?  (Read 4078 times)

Offline lol_lions

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • why
    • View Profile
For me, I tend to avoid sited RPs nowadays. Wanted to see if others thought the same.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Does an RP having a site make you more or less inclined to join?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »
As stated basically everywhere, I don't RP like I used to, nerves got the better of me and now I feel as if my skills aren't worth it. However, I too tend to stray from RP's that require you to join a site. I'm already busy as it is and a site just makes it more inconvenient, and it's a Roleplay, I don't see the need for a site to be perfectly honest.

From past experience, site's can just cause more drama and useless fights that would have been avoided without having one altogether, I'm not saying all roleplays that do use sites are useless, as some groups are very well developed with information and a site is a very good way to keep it all together, but those kind of groups are rare nowadays and from what I've heard most RP's only last a week or two.
If I myself was to create a roleplay, I wouldn't use a site. No need.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 03:26:15 pm »
Hmm.. I seem to avoid the ones that require you to sign up to their site. I've no problem with them having one, I just don't think I'd ever be on it, so what would be the point? xD

Though I have seen a couple of sites that were very impressive and those ones did so well that I did feel like joining, I still do. o.o
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 03:38:09 pm »
i highly prefer sited roleplays, mainly because it's so much easier for me to keep track of the ones i'm in, as well as everything happening in them.

i honestly don't really like non-sited roleplays ^^'

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »
Vespian will only join a role-play if it has a detailed and organized website.

I've always been nit-picky when it comes to role-plays. For one to have a site pleasing to my eyes is but one of the requirements. I will not join if it's siteless nor will I join if it is sited but it has clearly been hurriedly thrown together with no real care.
I may sound biased and I fully agree, I tend to be when it comes to role-plays and anything having to do with lore as it's a rarity to impress me, but there are times where I will make exceptions.

I've taught myself to code websites sometime last year and while I, by any means, am not a master at it, I do think of myself to be adeptly well.
Websites are a gift that withholds information and important announcements a role-play may have. Having a website, in my opinion, brings that role-play's members closer together as they all come to understand the ins and outs without repetitive questioning. Especially so if the role-play is tied with an intricate plot or dated history.

I've made others websites in the past when they have approached and sought out my knowledge with coding. Wix, proboards, forumotion, webs, weebly, jcink, it matters not. My infamous OCD also plays a role as everything has to be utterly perfect.

To sum it all up, the reasons I prefer websites are...

i. Websites tend to bring a sense of unity to the role-play
ii. They are, or can be, aesthetically pleasing
iii. They hold a lot of information that would, or can, otherwise be asked or met with confusion over and over by users in a siteless role-play

I understand that not every role-play requires a site, i.e. the role-play of a simple wolf pack but the chances of I joining such role-plays are very slim not only because of the lack of a site but because my interests lie towards role-plays with a lot written behind them and more often than not, those role-plays have an assigned site.
gone

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 07:07:29 pm »
I definitely prefer sited roleplays. Though I'm alright with joining non-sited roleplays, ones with a site make things much easier. Everything you need to know about the roleplay is contained in a more organized spot instead of having to be shoved messily into one thread, and there's more room to ask questions and learn about the group. When making my own roleplays, having a site is always a must for me, especially when I'm still developing the group, as it gives me more of a chance to brainstorm and write down ideas and fix things as I go along.

However, groups that REQUIRE you to join your site or be active on it... hah, no, that'd probably turn me off from a group altogether.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 10:13:30 pm »
It really depends on the site. If it's a well known forum and has good organization I'd certainly prefer that to relying on in-game information only; but if its a shady or unfamiliar website I'm very skeptical to join. I can't really afford to risk any malware or give up personal information to websites I don't know. My opinions aren't really to strong otherwise, as it's been a while since I roleplayed in game at all. I honestly prefer Discord or Skype RPS for the notification convenience.
I do agree that required websites are a bit of a red flag for me, especially if its shady, and I'll tend to stay away from those rps.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 11:39:14 pm »
http://imgur.com/a/C9Fzt

Does this answer your question?

If I'm required to register on a website, I'm more than likely not going to join that group. I don't think roleplay group websites are necessary, because most of the time the roleplay goes inactive in the next couple of days/weeks. Why go through all that trouble of creating a website, require people register, then don't stick with it and go inactive in the next five days? I don't see a point to it. There are some groups that are dedicated, but I still don't feel the need to register for their group RP.

Inactive

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 12:10:06 am »
I actually have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, having a site is neat. Keeps things organized (such as group announcements, site rping if you're not in game, group discussions, art, etc)

But on the other hand, it can just be a chore for people joining. NOt everyone wants to go through that process of joining the rp, then going to a site. If anything, the FH forums would be a good place to set up a group thread for announcements and the like.

Me personally. Would I join a sited rp? Yes. Do I like it? Not all of the time.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 12:48:35 am »
Not if i just want to goof around with randoms for half an hour no.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"