Author Topic: FeralHeart doesn't like existing  (Read 10164 times)

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
FeralHeart doesn't like existing
« on: April 21, 2020, 12:56:12 am »
oh dear

basically my problem is that FeralHeart keeps crashing after maybe a few minutes of playing, then it takes forever for me to get back into the game cause it crashes when i try to load a character for a few tries

that's how it was for a few days, and today it's more often crashing as i try to use the character selection, so i can't really get into the game

i'm not sure if it's anything to do with my antivirus, cause it really doesn't like the exe file (keeps trying to delete it...), or if it's something else

very unfortunate, and i know nothing of technology so i don't really know what to do
i wanna join a group at some point but i can't really do that if i crash every few minutes ;;

sorry if this is hard to understand at all, i'm real bad at explaining things
but hopefully there's a solution

l3irdie

Re: FeralHeart doesn't like existing
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 01:56:41 am »
I would try a few things

1. Right-click the FH icon and run it as an administrator
2. Either when you get the prompt when starting the application or on the main menu, click options > video and change your rendering system to either OpenGL or DirectX
3. After both of those or if there are issues, restart your device

Report back if this helps/or still persists

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 05:53:14 pm »
aa, took a bit for me to get back to this but uh

i tried all 3 of those, and after the third thing i was able to play a little longer, but it still crashed after a while

deeply unfortunate, and i still don't know what the problem could be

FeralHeart's never done this when i played it years ago (to my very limited memory), so i am very confused

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 07:10:56 pm »
There could be a chance that the antivirus is effecting it, so you could always try seeing if disabling that works out or not. If that is not the case, check out the FHLog file and see what that says about the crashing. Sometimes it could be something as small as a missing file, so that might be able to help you out further.

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 08:38:43 pm »
it might be something with the log, idk

i disabled my antivirus and even reinstalled the entire game, but it somehow got worse
now i'm lucky if i can even load my character (forgive me arrival chat)

the log's saying this:

and i have no idea what that means

help ;;

Offline Toffeers

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 11:06:36 pm »
Okay. If you have. Try checking your particles file. It should be in media if I remember correctly.  If any of the particles have _0 or _1 on the end, delete them and then try to booth up fh.

Also, have you restarted your computer? I had a similar problem and it took me restart my my own computer to fix it. I hope this helps. ^ ^;;

SpicyDirt

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 01:41:05 am »
Hey, I'd recommend checking out your terrains file in the FeralHeart>Media>Terrains>Default. Someone else with a similar issue found out that it was something in there that was messing up the game.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 02:02:38 am »
When you did a new install, did you delete the old one first?
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 02:07:33 am »
yeah i've done all of that, restarting my laptop, checking my files, deleting literally everything related to FeralHeart (twice), it's still crashing

there's nothing wrong with my files, that i can see, and nothing i do seems to work

at least before, i could play for a few minutes, now i'm lucky if i can last just one minute with the game up. no loading a character necessary, it still crashes regardless

i really don't know what's going on, no other game has had this problem before so i have no idea what to do

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 02:44:53 am »
Is it allowed through your firewall? I see you tried disabling your antivirus and yet it still was having issues. :o
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.