Author Topic: Seasonal FeralHeart updates?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Seasonal FeralHeart updates?
« on: February 11, 2018, 02:56:02 am »
This is probably one of the most far fetched and stupid ideas ever but might as well post it.

Why isn't there a seasonal update to FeralHeart? It's NOT the same as a patch. No new maps are added/removed yada yada. But the maps themselves are changed in according with the seasons.

Not to say all maps will be like this. Maps like Kiwimbi, Zama, and Bonfire remain the same. But the others? You see changes. Summer would basically look the same as it is now. Fall you see fall colors start popping up. Winter you see snow everywhere and bare branches.
 Spring everything starts growing back. Y'know what I'm getting at.

I know there is a seasonal mod by Zombiekitteh I believe on DA? If the name is wrong I'm really sorry. But something like that, just like an overhaul.

And if people don't want that, leave the option to keep it the same. The official game itself has the seasonal override but for people who don't want it, leave a default mod available or something.

Course there would be looooooots of issues with this. It would mean new textures and all that and honestly there may not even be a point to it. But I thought it would be cool to have little updates every few months. Once they're made they don't have to be made every season,
 just re-release it.

Once again...not expecting this to even turn heads or anything, I just got this really random idea. xD

Valar.Morghulis

Re: Seasonal FeralHeart updates?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 06:50:02 am »
This sounds like lots of fun and it would be great but to be honest, having to download FH over and over again every season with having difficulties downloading it anyways would be a paiinnn xD

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 07:01:41 am »
yEah that would be the stinker. But I mean there are lots of games that update and people download them. Although it would have been so much easier if FH could have automatic updates.

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 07:06:09 am »
yEah that would be the stinker. But I mean there are lots of games that update and people download them. Although it would have been so much easier if FH could have automatic updates.

Oh yea, automatic updates are a completely different thing xD That would be great then

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 07:10:12 am »
Hmm, I think it would be possible to do an unofficial seasonal patch, but I am super out of practice with FH modding stuff so I may be wrong. I don't think automatic updating will be possible, since the developer of the game no longer works on it, so the staff can be limited on what they can do with it.

I love the idea though!

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 07:42:10 am »
This isn't a bad idea at all! The only issue I could see with it is the fact that users would have to reinstall the game every few months as Valar pointed out, and I think it would be more work on the Staff's part as well to keep this going. If automatic updates were possible, I'm sure that'd be very helpful but I don't believe it is, sadly. It'd be very fun to see the maps change with the seasons!

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 07:48:52 am »
There is an IT server (Azop I believe) that does seasonal updates. Just thought that was neat to be honest.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 08:30:01 am »
No idea should be considered stupid tbh.

I really support this idea. It'll keep the game looking fresh that's for sure. I know oIT did this to an extent.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 03:51:11 pm »
This could be done with a mod' that alters the textures of the default meshes and terrains but would also fall foul of the same problem my idea of the cycling podium mod'.  Pretty sure Morgra could make the script for a seasonal change.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 09:03:35 pm »
Lovely idea, however there are issues with it. I myself have suggested this idea before to LordSuragaha and I have to agree with her response:
Quote from: LordSuragaha
It's something that could be fun however there are issues with it. Since we don't have the patch we can't exactly just get all the users to download it to enjoy it. Sure we can leave a note on the log in page etc but it just doesn't work the same as done in IT days. Its also more work updating the entire game for seasonal stuff rather than just making a one time party event map. Party event maps also allow us to be more creative rather than using the same default maps. If we were simply updating the Grounds for a particular season we would also be limited to using meshes not copyrighted etc (which again limits the fun a bit). I'm not discrediting the idea though so there's always a chance of trying it in the future. No guarantees
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:17:58 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu