Author Topic: PARTY! I love parties! I wish there was more of them in the game...  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Derpiederp

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • I can't feel sorry for you.
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Now, I know that there was a summer party in FH, but as a person who loves to party, I have to say there totally should be more of those. I have nothing much here to say, but I'd love it if we started discussing this a bit more. If you're reading this, I would really like it if you told me what you think! ;D I think a pool party would be awesome. What kind of parties do you like?

There is a thing that hurts more than pain. Most people call it sadness.
Profile pic by me~
In game as Derpiederp
My deviantart is TheScorpionQueen
Feel free to check it out~

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Re: PARTY! I love parties! I wish there was more of them in the game...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:20:38 pm »
I'm not that much into parties since I'm more of the very shy type. ^^'
Though I'll share my opinion on them; I think it all depends on the time the moderators have as well as the members in-game. Because time would have to be set aside for the more frequent parties. And sometimes some people miss the parties due to important events in real life or they have a different time zone. I think the parties right now are fine, honestly. ^^'

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:12:45 pm »
There are actually a lot more parties than ya'd think. There's a Halloween Party coming up, and there was FHORD about a week ago. I think there might also be a Christmas party, but I'm not sure, since I wasn't around in December. There's probably a few more in spring too...

But I myself am HUGE on online parties. I'm really looking forward to the Halloween party, and I also hope that there'll be a few more.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 07:24:23 pm »
The problem with hostin' one party right after another (or makin' even more parties than we already annually host) is plannin' the actual party takes a buttload of time (more than even I first assumed). Think about it. A map will have to be made that'll fit the party's theme as well as be suitable for the users within it- meanin' creatin' it where it has little to no lag for even users with older computer softwares. Some DJs will be needed who know how to run a radio properly. Plus makin' a thread for the party, a date that'll be reasonable for those attendin' the party, plus many other preparations like advertisin' the party itself out to the community. While this may seem easy, we also have to perform our duties as a staff team and monitor the community. Not to mention our own personal lives we all need to attend to.

Another reason is parties are generally s'posed to be special in a way. Not really somethin' to be carried out time and time again else the celebration may get a bit repetitive.

But keep in mind that ye' as a member of the community are free to host a party of yer own 'n even as many as ye' like. Users can then attend yer parties.

To answer this discussion, I generally like all parties that are hosted in spite of not really bein' a party person. But the parties I have attended I did enjoy.
gone

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 08:31:12 pm »
--coughs

Okay, well, to start off:

I personally think there are enough parties as it is. Sure, they're sometimes rare, but it's difficult for even some of the most hard-workin' and active people playing this game to attend the slightest of parties. The staff take a lot of time and push themselves just for one party, as Vespian stated, and, in my own personal experience, it's rather hard for people to take time off their personal lives due to school, work, family, etc.

However,
parties ARE fun and everlast in a good experience for the users attending. They are enjoyable - for most, I assume - and I do like to bring out my party self on occasion.

Thanks,
Re.

Offline Derpiederp

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • I can't feel sorry for you.
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 06:43:45 am »
Heh, I must admit that you people are right. The reason I didn't think abot it is that I'm a bit new and that I just started to be active on the forum about a week ago. ^^;

There is a thing that hurts more than pain. Most people call it sadness.
Profile pic by me~
In game as Derpiederp
My deviantart is TheScorpionQueen
Feel free to check it out~

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 12:05:51 pm »
Maybe something will come soon enough. *Cough cough*Hall*Cough*oween*Cough*.

Most of the stuff has really been mentioned above already, have too many and too frequent parties that magic will disappear eventually, and the work wouldn't really pay out that well in the longer run. I think staff hosted parties atleast suits well for a few times each year where big party bombs are dropped and members taking part can really feel how it's special.

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 05:06:23 pm »
Plus if I may also add to line of posts. When FH does a party, THEY DO A PARTY. It's a custom map made for the party, DJ(s), advertisements, and contests that are ALSO held. It's really not just the party itself but the many other events that tie into it that make them uncommon and special.

Offline Infinity117

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • i don’t use this anymore. thanks for the memories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 07:34:41 pm »
There are actually a lot more parties than ya'd think. There's a Halloween Party coming up, and there was FHORD about a week ago. I think there might also be a Christmas party, but I'm not sure, since I wasn't around in December. There's probably a few more in spring too...

But I myself am HUGE on online parties. I'm really looking forward to the Halloween party, and I also hope that there'll be a few more.
The parties have different maps for them, right?

~Infinity117
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:39:51 pm by EternalSnowyClaw »
i don’t play FH anymore. thanks for the memories!

if you knew me in-game, hit me up through the messaging system. maybe i’ll see it.