Author Topic: Those timezones though..  (Read 2910 times)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Those timezones though..
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:02:06 pm »
The different time zones has always been an annoying factor when it comes to playing games.
Some games have the function of splitting them up in different groups, such as League of Legends or World of Warcraft. (Massive Online RPG's/MMO's etc.)
It's of course better for larger games where you might start experiencing lag or other issues due to the server being overloaded.

It's not necessary for FeralHeart to have them split.
Which is good, otherwise there would be a lot of people we wouldn't have met, right?

However, I'm wondering..
What do you guys do while waiting for your friends to come online?
What is your timezone?
And during what time in your own timezone do you prefer being online?

Example:
I usually tend to either get online early, perhaps lay around in one of the maps for a few hours and talk to strangers while tabbing, browsing the internet 'n what not.
Other times, I might wait until 5pm (+1GMT) because I know there would be a lot of more people online by then.
Back when I was most active on the game, I would prefer being online around 8pm - 5am because it'd be the hours the Americans would be online the most.
RETIRED.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Those timezones though..
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:12:08 pm »
I'm usually the only one online, considering most of my friends are in different time zones and/or busy. While I'm waiting for them, I usually either hang out in Ficho, South Pole or observe the crazies at Bonfire. But sometimes theres NO action anywhere, so I just open Krita and start doodling.

I'm usually online whenever I can be, whether in game or the forum, or both. Forum, I love any time, especially in the morning. In game, I prefer to be online around 3-5 Eastern Time (even though I'm online WAAAY more than that), because well, one, I'm usually done with homework by then, and two, the most people seem to be on.

Love this topic, Reckless.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Rizzla

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 12:17:59 pm »
I usually F3 people, or browse the interwebs while I wait for my friends, but usually they're the ones waiting for ME.
 I'm in the EST timezone, and I'm usually on at about 4:30 to 6:20.. Because by 6:20 my hands are too cold to keep typing (That's what I get for living in rural Canada xD). After that I'm back on my phone, stalking the forum.

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 12:37:50 pm »
Most of the people I know are from around the same time zone as me (GMT +1) but I get up early in the morning most days to speak to people from the east like Australia. Other than that, I normally run FH on my 2nd screen while I play something else like Counterstrike competitive while I wait for someone to talk to me.

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 01:15:17 pm »
I'm usually the only one online, considering most of my friends are in different time zones and/or busy. While I'm waiting for them, I usually either hang out in Ficho, South Pole or observe the crazies at Bonfire. But sometimes theres NO action anywhere, so I just open Krita and start doodling.

I'm usually online whenever I can be, whether in game or the forum, or both. Forum, I love any time, especially in the morning. In game, I prefer to be online around 3-5 Eastern Time (even though I'm online WAAAY more than that), because well, one, I'm usually done with homework by then, and two, the most people seem to be on.

Love this topic, Reckless.

I absolutely hate being online on my own, however, it's kinda nice when I'm in the mood to multitask.
Like now, when I'm watching House, chattin' on Skype and whatever else I'm doing (lost track).

Love knowing what you are up to though. 8D
Thank you, hun. ^^

I usually F3 people, or browse the interwebs while I wait for my friends, but usually they're the ones waiting for ME.
 I'm in the EST timezone, and I'm usually on at about 4:30 to 6:20.. Because by 6:20 my hands are too cold to keep typing (That's what I get for living in rural Canada xD). After that I'm back on my phone, stalking the forum.
Uhuhu, canadian. Baegged melk !

Too cold for typin', eh? Don't I know those feelz.
North of Sweden is cold as poop.

Most of the people I know are from around the same time zone as me (GMT +1) but I get up early in the morning most days to speak to people from the east like Australia. Other than that, I normally run FH on my 2nd screen while I play something else like Counterstrike competitive while I wait for someone to talk to me.
I don't understand how you can do that. I mean, play another game while having FH in the background. xD
I need to focus and I get stressed if I know FH is running too.
Never know who is trying to talk to me. ;-;
I could never go play TTT if I did that. :I
RETIRED.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 01:57:06 pm »
I live in the EST zone, and I usually get on either in the afternoons or evenings.
When I wait for friends to hop on I normally draw, or check the forums. Sometimes I'll go to Bonfire and observe the nonsense there B3

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »
I normally just hide in Lonely when I'm waiting for my friends to get online, though it seems that a few never leave the game - I think it's pretty humorous, but that's just me. Since I have a few friends that live in the PDT timezone, I normally have to wait quite a while for them (I live in the CST world of pain and heat).
Though, some are on before me, sure, I'm normally the one to wait.
-Wolfie

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 05:49:53 pm »
Eh, you know me. I usually have a wide set of friends all over the world. I usually have someone on at all times to chat with. Not every one has that, but I am fortunate enough to.
However, there are times when I am alone, like during school days when people are in and I have a day off of work. I'll usually submerge myself into -something-. Whether it's drawing, checking forums, or playing other games.

Sometimes I F3 the plains, or even just log off the game.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 12:53:18 am »
Meh....

Since most of my friends are either on in the mornings(I'm in the Central timezone~) or in the evenings, I have a pretty big gap of when I typically see them.....

Sooo...

I just, sit around, and F3 random people

I'm typically in Fluorite, or Ficho, but if I'm REALLY bored and tired of waiting for people to get online, I just go to Bonfire and watch the chaos.

Very exciting I know.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 04:32:49 pm »
Me and Bawfle used to play Left 4 Dead 2 during the week days, but usually by the time I get home, she's heading to bed (PDT). Now we'll play on the weekends. On FH, I go on whenever, as different types will be around.

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27