Author Topic: ~Journey Of The Wolf~  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Look in that pocket of yours
    • View Profile
~Journey Of The Wolf~
« on: December 28, 2012, 09:35:15 pm »

With thanks to:
xXMichellePXx on Deviantart : Yellowstone map
Ringo and Delay : Item pack

Character appearances:
? River: (Main character, Omega)
Silvery-blue fur, splotches of red fur, and sky blue eyes.
?Screech: (Alpha male): Father of River. Dark grey fur, brown markings and scars, forest green eyes.
? Pira: (Alpha female): White fur, with yellow eyes. Faint creamy markings.
?Brouki: (Pup): White fur, blue eyes.
? Amna:(Elder wolf): Dark Grey fur, bright, amber eyes
? Mist: (Hunter): Silvery fur. Green eyes.
? Kinj: (Alpha's son): Black fur. Dazzling, emerald eyes, and faint creamy markings
More to be updated with the story
~JOURNEY OF THE WOLF~

This is a story told straight from the mouth of an wolf. Whether you believe this is a true story, is something you
should decide. The truth is always stranger than fiction.
We begin our story in a sunlit forest of the west. Many wolves sought refuge in this beautiful forest, and it was always fresh with prey, and indeed, my species. Wolves.

"Brouki!" I was woken, flicking my crimson ears backwards slightly, I rose my head. Squinting slightly against the sun, which rays warmed my pelt, I staggered to my paws. Looking around my den, everything was fine, and normal. The vines still hung down around the entrance to the den, as well as the roots of the oak tree next to my den, which clung to the vines, making the entrance smaller than anticipated. I was a small, grey wolf. Only pups and young teens were able to squeeze through. I knew my size wasn't exactly something to be proud of. I was an omega. Useless to the pack. Always had last feed, and, indeed, useless to fighting. Stretching, I enjoyed the sun beams dappling my fur. To show this, my jaws opened into a yawn, and I slowly squeezed myself through the den entrance, to find everything normal.

Pups played about in the clearing in the middle of the place we live. We call it 'Domus', which means home. I tilted my head slightly, raising a brow as Brouki begrudgingly padded over to me. The words the white pup spoke to me was mumbled, and anticipated "Sorry I threw mud at you and called you worthless." he grumbled. My brow lowered, and I raised my paw slightly
"It's fine. No harm done." I said, wiping some dry, cracked mud away from my muzzle. Brouki had thrown wet mud from the rivers that ran inside our territory at me as I was watching over him and some of the other pups. I had been called a 'worthless omega who can't defend for herself against even dirt.' That hurt deep inside, but I was too soft to hurt the pup even more than the effort of apologizing had hurt him. Seeing me relax, the pup charged off. I wondered what kind of treat his mother had to bribe him into to get him to apologize. Probably being able to pick prey before any of the omega's was the treat. I knew, being an omega, that even a pup could order me around, and that was something that happened often. Like most packs, I was the only omega. Useless. No one ever wanted to even look at me. And I wished the way they looked at me those very few times wouldn't be with disgust.

"River." I heard the alpha say quietly, and in an annoyed tone. I closed my eyes, flicking my ears sideways slightly as he padded towards me,
"Yes, Screech?" I said, raising my head cautiously as the alpha halted next to me. Screech wasn't exactly.. friendly with me. The huge male towered over me, and I knew he thought me as useless as well. I had overheard him talking to Pira, the alpha female, about how ashamed he was to have me as his pup. That's right. HIS pup. I would've been next in line for alpha, but my younger brother, Kinj was due to be alpha male, and to find a mate of his own, rather than me finding one of my own.
"I am annoyed at you. Your just eating everyone's food, and our source of food is becoming scarce." he snarled at me. I ducked away, and looked down at my paws, not replying, knowing what he was about to say next
"I want you to hunt for yourself." he said, and, without another work, spun around, and padded back to his den. To his mate, Pira.

I felt more alone than ever. I had never been taught to hunt, and I knew this was unusual for a pack to leave one wolf alone to hunt by herself. Anything I could hunt, would be bought back to Domus, where the scraps would be mine. Staggering to my paws, I quickly wolfed down the small hunt of deer meat that was layed at my paws, that, before Screech came, I had been happily munching on. I huffed, and padded out of Domus entrance, a frown slowly forming as I wondered where abouts to go. There were many small animals, such as mice, rabbits and birds hopping around, but they weren't exactly to a wolf's taste. Not even mine. And I knew Screech would punish me for trying to catch easy food. I needed to find a tiny deer, a younger one if preferable, or a very old doe.
Sighing, I took a deep breath, inhaling all of the scents. There was deer on the breeze, and I knew that if I tried, I would be able to locate it. Following the scent from the direction in the breeze, I set off to attempt to hunt my first ever prey.

Chapter Two
To be continued..~
No longer on the forums. Maybe around the game every now and again.

My DA
My creations

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: ~Journey Of The Wolf~
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 09:35:35 pm »
Reserved Chapter

My DA
My creations

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 09:35:54 pm »
Reserved chapter

My DA
My creations

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 09:36:19 pm »
Reserved chapter

Okay. Go ahead and post now

My DA
My creations

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 09:45:09 pm »
Amazing. You are great at writing, and I really get that sense of shame and loneliness of this wolf. I can also feel the anger bubbling up inside of me as her father talked about him being annoyed at her eating all their food. I wanted her to scream, "YOU BARELY LET ME HAVE SOME SCRAPS!" But, realistically, she couldn't. lol.
 Did you get your idea from the series "Wolves of the Beyond"?

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:49:55 am »
Amazing. You are great at writing, and I really get that sense of shame and loneliness of this wolf. I can also feel the anger bubbling up inside of me as her father talked about him being annoyed at her eating all their food. I wanted her to scream, "YOU BARELY LET ME HAVE SOME SCRAPS!" But, realistically, she couldn't. lol.
 Did you get your idea from the series "Wolves of the Beyond"?
I've never heard of that series xD And I'm glad you like it :D

My DA
My creations

wolfdog01

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 01:40:11 am »
Tis very good :o feel so bad for her though >.<
And you should look up Wolves of The Beyond, tis very good as well, though I think I'm a bit more hooked on your one.
Idk why I'm pictuing the scenery is sorta like WolfQuest.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:48:03 pm by ~Thyme~ »

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45:43 am »
maybe cuz u play WolfQuest? XD

wolfdog01

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 01:46:49 am »
Well used to :P now I have FH lol, and just the way I see it, with the hunting grounds and the dens, just slightly different.

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 10:21:53 am »
Tis very good :o feel so bad for her though >.<
And you should look up Wolves of The Beyond, tis very good as well, though I think I'm a bit more hooked on this one. Idk why I'm pictuing the scenery is sorta like WolfQuest.

-Looks.- owo

And thanks xD

My DA
My creations