Author Topic: The Wolf Curse  (Read 1919 times)

Offline TruthOfTheMt.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Icon by LiliEtch on dA :)
    • https://www.deviantart.com/truth
    • View Profile
The Wolf Curse
« on: April 28, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »
Eclipse was a quite, not very social young Elf of Middle-earth, 13 years of age in man years, when one night changed his life forever. It was in the middle of a cold, quite night, when suddenly he felt a sharp pain. He hit the floor, clawing at it. When the pain was gone, he opened his eyes. He tried to move, but when he moved his left arm, he froze. The moonlight shining in his bedroom let him able to see a black, very hairy arm. He moved his right hand to touch it, but he saw that his hand was a very huge paw. He tried to stand, but stumbled. He then realized he had to walk on all fours... He finally managed to walk over to his long ground mirror, and almost jumped out of his skin. He....was a wolf. He stared at himself for a few minutes. Tears started to roll down his dark, long face. "Why is this happening?..." He thought.
Trying to get used to the feeling of walking on all fours, he walked over to the window and stood on his hind legs and laid his front paws on the open window sill for support, and looked up the moon. He was lucky enough to see the middle of an eclipse...

Eclipse was rejected by his parents when he told and showed them one night, and ran away to live in the forest.
After a few nights living there, he decided to change his name to Eclipse, for the night he changed into this monster...He even made a wooden necklace of an eclipse moon he wore at all times.

Eventually, he found a little town miles away from his home. He stayed well away from them though, but I guess not well enough. Rumors started to grow in that town about a huge wolf...Then came the day when he found a little cabin house, about three miles away from the town. He stayed here in the woods close by it because there was an Elf girl who visited the forest often whom he was curious about. He followed her, and one day finally got to meet her. He was very lonely, and craved company, and company from a single girl like this one seemed to be very nice.

How they met was when the girl was gathering wood for her family, and Eclipse was watching her in the forest. This was when he got to see a very good glimpse of her face, and he thought that she was the most beautiful Elf he has ever laid eyes upon...So beautiful that it almost felt enchanting when he looked at her. This made him more curious, and braver to get closer. He must have made a noise, for the girl then looked up, and looked around her. Eclipse hid in the darkness. The girl continued her work, and then got up to leave. Eclipse was desperate, very desperate, but afraid. He forced himself to take a step closer. The girl turned around to the noise he made, and in shock dropped the logs and fell down. Eclipse got frightened and ran into the woods. The girl, now curious, cried, "Wait!" Eclipse stopped. The girl got up. "Wait..." Eclipse creeped closer. "That's it, come out. I'm not gong to hurt you." Said the girl, in a very beautiful, soothing voice. The shy wolf exited out of the darkness, in full light. The girl stood in awe and shock. Eclipse plucked up his courage and circled around her, sniffing her. She smelled of flowers...The girl was now frightened, not knowing what he was going to do to her. Eclipse had a very good feeling about her, and decided to speak to her.
"P-please don't be afraid..." He said timidly.
The girl gasped, then calmed herself. "H-how did you do that??"
"I don't  know, I just did. Can you hear me in your head or something?"
"Yes...Who are you?"
"...I'm Eclipse."
"Okay, WHAT are you? Why are you so...huge?"
"....I'm cursed."
"What do you mean?"
Eclipse sighed slowly. "...I wish I could show you, but I can't."
"...Can you tell me?"
Eclipse looked deep into her beautiful, brown eyes.
The girl's eyes widened. What she saw in the wolf's eyes, at first they looked like normal, bright yellow wolf eyes, but at one moment she saw a glimpse of brown, man looking eyes.
"Your eyes...they...I saw a glimpse...of man eyes!" Eclipse didn't know that could happen, but stood silent.
"...What ARE you?..." The girl said.
"...I can't tell you that."
"Why?"
"...Because you'll be just like them."
"...Please...You can trust me." She looked at the wolf's yellow eyes, her own eyes very soft and assuring. Eclipse felt like she was slowly breaking down the walls around his heart, but was still very cautious and hesitant.
"...How do I know you're not going to turn me in?"
"...Then I guess you're just going to have to trust me." The girl said, arms crossed, her face and eye expression serious and calm. Eclipse growled a bit at the girl's remark, a little irritated. He stared at her for a moment, staring into her gorgeous, honest eyes. He felt that this girl was different. Special.
"...I'll tell you in one condition. PROMISE that you will NOT tell ANYONE, not even your family...And please..." He lowers down to a whisper, "Don't get scared."
"...I promise."
"....I'm a werewolf."
The girl perked up. "So the legends are true..."
"What?"
"The legends. I've heard them in my hometown, but I never believed them. But....now I see what they were talking about all along."
"...I never knew they knew about me....Please...may I have your name?"
"Um.....Elveera. Elveera Oath."
"Elveera...Beautiful name. Thank you, Elveera. Thank you for...trusting me."
"Thank you, and your welcome....How did you become like that?"
"...I don't like to talk about it."
"...You can tell me."
Eclipse looked at her eyes again. She seemed to truly care. And so he told her.

Eclipse and Elveera became very close friends. Elveera snuck out of her house to visit him in the woods almost every day.
Eclipse felt more than friendship towards her, but Elveera wasn't so sure. While Eclipse was with her, he felt his confidence coming back, and it made him able to accept who he was, a werewolf, and that made him able to turn to a man and wolf whenever he pleased. But he still shifted into a wolf unexpectedly whenever extreme anger took him, or any other strong emotion.

Eventually, after many years, 'Veera met a man named Lord Cor of Gondor, Patroller of Dangerous Woods, and fell in love with him. Eclipse was heart broken, and outraged. Elveera then became pregnant with the Lord, and they ran off to live together and had there baby, but Elveera tragically died during birth. Eclipse, unaware of the news, hopes to see her again...He dreams of her every night...and tries to forget and move on, but can't.

An example of what Eclipse looks like in human form:

(You may get a bit more information on Eclipse in the Werewolves of Middle-earth RP group page in Roleplay: General Roleplay: Child Boards: Advertising Board.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:08:26 am by TruthOfTheMt. »

"She glowed as the moon shone on her, illuminating her immensely white coat; the markings on her face glowing as a soft nightlight would..."

BouncyLion101

Re: The Wolf Curse
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:45:18 am »
Very tragic past, but a good read. :3
Maybe posting a little bit more about Eclipse? Like maybe what he looks like, his personality, or a screenshot? You don't have to though. c:

Offline TruthOfTheMt.

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 06:46:49 pm »
Thanks BouncyLion!  :D You can read more about him on my RP group advertisement called Werewolves of Middle-earth. :) And I'm posting a pic of him right now on this page. ^^

"She glowed as the moon shone on her, illuminating her immensely white coat; the markings on her face glowing as a soft nightlight would..."

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 10:47:54 pm »
Thanks BouncyLion!  :D You can read more about him on my RP group advertisement called Werewolves of Middle-earth. :) And I'm posting a pic of him right now on this page. ^^
Alrighty, just suggesting it because normally biographies have information on their character like that.
It's great you're doing your own thing with his biography though.~
Lovely screenshot you chose for him, he looks really majestic and mysterious. :D

Offline TruthOfTheMt.

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:10:04 pm »
Hahaha, thanks. *blushes* You're awesome BouncyLion101 you're so nice. ^_^ Thanks for your suggestion. :) Yeah I like to somewhat make my characters "mysterious" like that, so that at first people can imagine what they look like and then later find out what they really look like somewhere else. Like in the game haha.

Offline TruthOfTheMt.

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:10:57 pm »
But of course I always have a picture of them on here. ^^