Author Topic: My Opinion On Pokemon Go  (Read 1314 times)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
My Opinion On Pokemon Go
« on: July 22, 2016, 04:55:29 am »
I was not sure where to place this, because this is kind of also a rant. If it needs to be taken down, thats fine. I just at least want to speak my opinion on the game.

So, all the hype revolving on the game has gotten new fans into the game. (Kind of bandwagoning and pretending that you're a fan, but, hey; it attracts the crowd)

Impressive enough, its only in BETA. Its not in full release. I assume the full release will be around September, October, or November. Latest could be March.

But so far, reckless people have been playing it. They have gotten killed, caught, or robbed. One incident that caught my eye happened a few weeks ago. Alex Rameriez (Can't remember his last name, apologies.) He is an Uber driver who was streaming Pokemon Go, and one night he was casually streaming the game, and he saw a crime scene.

THE VIDEO IS FAKE.

He faked it all. He is a liar and a criminal, and trying to appear WEAK to the public. He did a LOT of idiotic things. Here's what they are:

- Streamed on the job.
   ~ I get it, streaming is fun. But please do it when you are NOT on your job. And if you can't do it, get another job.
- Using his phone whilst driving
   ~ I would say this 100% either way if he was not a streamer or a Pokemon Go player. DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE WHILST DRIVING.
- Faked the video
   ~ I know he's making money for this.

So, this is one example of when Pokemon Go is in unfair use. I've seen MANY more I can list, right now out of the top of my head. Ask me for all I know.

Now, i've never been a fan of Pokemon. I always thought it was too complicated, with anything from the fanbase, to the art, all the way down to the weirdness of the newer pokemon. (I used to watch the VHS episodes that were in the 90's. If they still were like that- simple: they'd have more of my respect.)

The next reason why I dislike the game, is teams. And whichever team you pick, you're judged. And in public too. Its not even online anymore. People have gotten hurt JUST because they were on Team Valor or whatever. There's graffiti, there's restricted areas, hosted by teenagers who are not 18 and older, and do NOT have a permit. (which is illegal UNLESS you have an event going on that YOU have permission to host. ex. marriage)

Another reason, is how common some Pokemon are.
I've always feared that if I jump into the game, I will feel like the typical basic person who knows NOTHING about the fanbase and pronounces everything wrong, and just basically a bandwagoner. I want to be introduced to simplicty, and a great community.

A great example of a game that USED to be that way, was Wizard101. Before Shadow magic, before astral spells, you had Seven schools. Fire, Ice, Storm for the elementals. Life, Myth, and Death as the spirit schools. And finally, Balance. (My school in-game.) The community from its forms, to its art, everything was great. You could easily make friends on there, and have questing buddies in an instant. (you can still get them, hard to find.) But now, it is a down-grading Pay-2-Play game. I miss it, surely. It was simple to learn, and its combat was  genius.

The next reason is why I dislike the game, is the gameplay. I know I know, "But Venus, gamers can finally go outside like the old people wanted us to!"

You're right about that, but Pokemon did not execute it correctly. What they NEED 100%, is a timer. Where you can ONLY play during the daytime, and places that are restricted are not shown on your map. And it gives tips for you in the woods and what to do to survive if you are in an ever danger. I would give them a lot more respect if they did that.

The last and FINAL (pointless) reason-

So i'm in the classroom, trying to learn. (Social Studies is my favorite subject- particularly Civil war - today) And then some people in the class are on their phones because they are allowed to be on their phones. (Yet they do NOT use it as research) And someone tells me - "There is a pikachu on your desk, don't touch it!"

I will smash the ever living out of that Pikachu. I will take that phone, throw it out the window, and see those eyes. Playing like that in class, why? Who would play Pokemon Go at school?

The season of School is coming, so I better prepare.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. Respectful opinions are welcome. If you do not agree with what I said, fully explain why. I wouldn't care for a debate.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: My Opinion On Pokemon Go
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 06:52:53 am »
There's already a thread about Pokemon GO, located here:

http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57598.0

You're free to post there ^^

Locking this
Farewell everyone<3