Author Topic: Trouble with Google and Bing  (Read 1554 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Trouble with Google and Bing
« on: December 28, 2013, 12:10:34 am »
It's getting annoying right now. I don't know how this happened, but I opened a new tab to search for some images when instead of having Google as my tab, Bing was it. I use Google Chrome and Google has been my default search engine ever since. I simply went to Setting to change everything to Google, however Bing always shows up instead. I looked into the Help section of Google Chrome but still no avail. Furthermore when I search in the Bing tab, the searches are from Google, not Bing. ;-; I just figured that out as I typed this.  To make things clear, whenever I open up a new tab, Bing shows up, not Google, which is my default search engine. When I search in the Bing tab, the results are from Google, not Bing, which is strange. To be honest I don't like Bing very much and I prefer Google. Any suggestions of what I should do? Thanks in advance.

I'm picky

AlphaEclipse

Re: Trouble with Google and Bing
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 12:37:45 am »
I had this same issue before. I forget how exactly I got rid of it, but I'll try to remember.

Try going to where you would normally uninsall a program and see if Bing shows up anywhere. Delete it immedatly. Sometimes when you download a program (.exe), they will ask you if you'd like Bing, Google, etc as your homepage. They'll also maybe ask if you'd like to install a toolbar. Click NO. Believe me, these will drive you insane. When I first got my PC, I downloaded something and it asked me if I'd like to install 'conduit' as my toolbar and homepage. Unknowingly, I said yes. It was some kind of virus thingy that I rid of shortly after. It took hours to get rid of the homepage problem though. -_- Secondly, try changing it again. It may work dis time. o^o
Next, go to another browser and see if you have the same problem. Change them there if you do.
(This is really all I remember, but if yew reply, I'll try to help mah best)

Gewd luck! ;_;

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with Google and Bing
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 02:24:11 am »
I looked in the area where to uninstall programs but I couldn't find Bing. ;-; I think it's Mozilla Firefox that caused the problem since I downloaded it and Bing popped up. I'll just remove Firefox since I don't really need it. Let's see if it'll work. >_> Thanks for the advice, though, Alphabutt!<3