Author Topic: I'm so stupid DX  (Read 1150 times)

xXGorillaz_LoveXx

I'm so stupid DX
« on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:20 am »
Hi...I just created an account. My friend requested I make one. There is a single question pending in my mind. HOW DO I PLAY?!

Were do I create a character, walk around and, you know, do everything?! I fail at computer games... -headdesk-

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you would help me that would make this idiot insanley happy.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so stupid DX
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:37:13 am »
Hey there. :3 First of all, you are NOT stupid! You're very smart, because smart people ask questions when they don't know what to do. ^^ Second, welcome to FeralHeart. I'm wolffox, and I'll be happy to help you out with getting started. :D

To start off, you'll need to log in using your name and password that you used when you created an account here on the forum. Type them in, log in, and you're on your way.

Hint: If you don't know the controls, before you log in hit the "options" button and then mouse over to the "control" tab and that will tell you everything you need to know. You can also see that information here: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=27

--
Once logged in, hit the "create" button and here you can create a character. Once you're done tweaking all the settings to make your char your very own, hit the "save" button and you're done! Now you can click the "start" button and this will take you to Bonfire Island, the starting map for FH. There you can meet other new members and some very experienced ones as well who tend to go there. Once you've finished exploring there, you'll find a hole in the wall, or a "cave". This will take you to Ficho Tunnel, the second part of the game. People love to roleplay here, and it's a fun place to explore! At the end of it, there is another "cave" that you can enter. This will take you to the heart of FH, Fluorite Plains. This is the largest and by far busiest map in the entire game. Here you can meet other users, roleplay, hang out, or anything really, as long as it doesn't break any rules.

(You can read all the ingame rules here: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=9.0)

From Fluorite you can access Temple of Dreams and Cape of Distant Worlds.
Temple is just a place to play around/roleplay/hang out. You can find the portal by exploring Fluorite Plains!
Cape of Distant worlds is where the portals to downloaded maps will go, after the downloaded map files are placed in your exports folder in Computer>Local Disk C:>FeralHeart>Exports. But you'll get to learning about that whenever you wanna download a custom map for an RP or otherwise.

To speak in different chats while playing, click the little ">" right under the chat box. General chat shows to the WHOLE map, Local chat shows only to those around you, Group chat shows to those in your group (if you have one), Party chat shows to the people in your party (if you have one), and Whisper can only be seen by the username you type in the box that comes up when you enter whisper chat.

To add friends, either double click on their char and click "add friend" or click on the double paws symbol and type their names in. The rest is self-explanatory.

Follow all rules and regulations as stated above and in the link I gave you. People who don't follow rules will get kicked/banned by a moderator. The mods speak in red text and have names such as MOD75 or MOD5054.  The mods are in-game to enforce the rules and keep the community safe and user-friendly. They aren't to be hated/feared/bashed for their job. They're only helping.
If you need to report someone who is doing something against the rules, take a screenshot of the rule violation and the person doing it using your "prnt scrn" button on your computer. That screenshot along with a report can be sent to any mod here on the forum, as the ingame report button DOES NOT WORK. Here is a list of moderators/admins that you can PM when reporting someone.http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=5660.0Be aware that the Forum Helpers have no way of banning/kicking, so they can't help you out with reports. Make sure to send the message to a moderator or an admin.
**BEFORE REPORTING A USER, read this.
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=5015.0

**If you have a weak computer:
-Do not download custom maps.
-Turn your game settings wayyy down by clicking the "options" button on the login screen. Go to video, turn water reflection off, view distance down. Go to sound, turn all sounds down (effects can stay on as it doesn't take up too much CPU, but I would turn music completely off and gui down.) If your game still lags after this, go back to the video tab and change the game mode/resolution to the very lowest option. This should speed it up a whole lot.
-Avoid heavily populated places like the middle of Bonfire, the N/Z in Fluorite, etc.

---
I hope all this helped. If you need any more help feel free to ask!

asante

Re: I'm so stupid DX
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 03:56:23 pm »
one question WHERE IS THE CREATE BUTTON